15. Mystery Caller

A couple hours later Jordan has finally finished teaching me moves I'll need to know or that could come in handy.

A day later:

My stitches have healed almost completely and there is still something between us: he draws me in like light to darkness.

"Your phone is ringing!" I call to him in the shower from his bedroom.

"Who is it?" He asks switching the water off.

"I don't know, it's unknown." I reply as he walks out the door.

"Don't answer it then." Jordan shrugs as he drops his towel to the floor, leaving himself standing in front of me butt naked.

"Warning would be nice!" I exclaim.

"It's nothing you haven't seen before. Besides you love it." Jordan smirks. "You can't hate it that much, you haven't turned away."

"They hung up anyway." I sigh, changing the conversation and chucking his phone on to the bed.

"Oh too bad, no mystery caller today." Jordan chuckles as he puts on a gym shirt. "I'm going for a run, you okay here?" Jordan asks.

"Isn't the point of a safe house not to leave it?" I question him. The phone pipes up again and rings loudly. "Oh hello mystery callers." I chuckle, picking up the phone.

"Don't bother." Jordan says.

"Too late." I press answer and pull it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hello Emily." A familiar mans voice says creepily down the phone.

"Marcus." I breath out, drawing Jordan's attention. Jordan snatches the phone out my hand, as I try to grab it back he blocks my every move.

"What do you want?" Jordan asks angrily.

"I want to talk to Emily." Marcus replies. Jordan sighs before pressing the speaker button and holds the phone in between us.

"What do you want?" Jordan repeats.

"Well we all know I want Emily's heart on a stick or maybe her head, I'm not fussy." Marcus laughs.

"Why are you calling us?" I ask hiding my fear in fake confidence.

"I just want to propose a deal to you Emily. Remember your friend Jessica?" Marcus asks.

"What about her?" I question him suspiciously.

"You have 24 hours to hand yourself over to me before I kill her and if she doesn't work then I can easily get your other friends Luke and Marly, etc." Marcus says. "24 hours starts now."

"Wait!" I yell but Marcus has already hung up. I throw Jordan's phone on the bed and rush downstairs. I open the front door but Jordan slams it shut before I can leave.

"What do you think your doing?" He asks me.

"I'm not idly going to stand by whilst he kills one of my friends." I reply as I tug on the door handle.

"He is going to kill you if you go!" Jordan exclaims.

"And he'll kill her if I don't. I'm going Jordan." I say, as I turn to look up at him.

"I will always protect you even if that means from yourself." Jordan says as he pulls out a needle and tries to stab it into my arm but I grab his wrist and just about hold him off.

"Were you seriously going to use that on me?" I question him angrily.

"It's for your own good, I'm not just going to let you hand yourself over to him." Jordan argues. I stare at him angrily.

"Jordan I will never forgive you if you don't let me do this." I say to him.

"Well that won't matter if your dead." Jordan snaps.