Chapter 1: Inside

(PS the diary entry is just to help set the scene a little better.)

Dear diary,

It's been a month since the murder of my family, it's been two weeks since I moved and started over again. I'm scared, what if they come after me?

My writing is interrupted by a loud knock on the door. I silently creepy over to the door and peep through the peephole to see the sexiest, most handsome man I've ever seen. He's got dark brown hair, looks about 6'5, broad, hazel eyes and a perfectly chizzled face, he's wearing a t-shirt that shows he obviously has a six pack underneath.

I decide to break one of my rules and open the door, what's the worst that could happen? "Are you Emily Bradley?" He asks in a deep voice.

"Tell me your name and I'll give you mine." I say to him, sort of flirting but not very well, it's been a month since I've even spoke to a guy that wasn't a policeman, give me a break.

"I'm Jordan. Are you Emily?" He repeats.

"Yes I'm Emily." I reply. Jordan stands still and looks me up and down twice before grabbing my wrist.

"I need you to come with me." He says as he pulls me out the door.

"No!" I shout, realising I made the wrong decision to open the door, I grab a vase with flowers in that I keep on the little table next to my door and smash it over his head, making him let go of me.

I run back inside, slam the door and lock it. "Emily this is for your own good." He bellows through the door.

"Was it for my family's own good too? No!" This must be the person who killed my family, why else would he be trying to take me?

"Emily, I'm giving you one more chance to let me in before I break this door down." Jordan says, growing impatient.

"No!" I yell before running into the kitchen and pulling out a butchers knife from the rack along with a pair of scissors, I pick up a few glasses from the kitchen cabinet and move them to the table in the living room where I wait, staring at the door as I hear Jordan breaking it down from the other side.

Boom! It falls open. "Get away." I warn, gripping my chosen weapons.

"Emily, you are coming with me, willingly or not." He states, walking over to me.

"No I'm not!" I shout as I plunge the knife forward to him but before it can stab his chest he grabs my wrist that's holding the knife and spins me so my back is now pressed against his chests. He holds my wrist tightly so I can't move the knife anywhere.

Clearly he hasn't seen the scissors in my hand so I stab them into his leg with my other hand. As he barrels over in pain I manage to break free. Leaving the scissors inside his leg, I keep ahold of the knife and pinch two glasses between my fingers and run upstairs.

I hurry into my bedroom and slam the door shut. I wish there was a lock on my door. I look around for my phone but remember it's out of charge downstairs. My attention turns to the door as I hear feet storming up the stairs. I crawl under my bed and hope he won't be able to find me and give up.

I hear two doors spring open and crash against the wall then they slam shut a few seconds later. Suddenly my door flies open, making me jump, I manage to hold in a fearful scream and hope he doesn't see me.

"I know your in here, this is the last room upstairs that I haven't checked." Jordan says as he closes the door. He's inside, is this it?