Chapter 6: Cuffs

The next morning I wake up in the bed. I swing my arms to either side of me and look around, how did I get in here?

"Morning, well afternoon." Jordan says from the doorway.

"Watching sleep? A bit creepy don't you think?" I question him.

"Writing diary entries on toilet paper, a little weird don't you think?" Jordan mocks.

"You read that!?" I question angrily.

"Yes, I found it in your sock along with a pen... You're a weird girl." Jordan scoffs.

"Why did you look through my socks?" I ask him.

"I bought you in here late last night and I read somewhere it's bad to sleep with your socks on so I took yours off." Jordan answers. I climb off the bed and pick up my clothes. I walk into the bathroom and change from Jordan's shirt to my blue ripped jeans and grey crop top. When I open the door Jordan is waiting for me.

"Don't you have anything better to do than stalk me?" I question him with a sigh.

"Stalker me? You're the one in my house." Jordan laughs.

"Well I'd gladly leave at anytime." I snap as I put his t-shirt on the bed and check how bad my hair looks in the mirror and surprisingly it's not bad at all, pretty good actually, I guess sleeping sat up for half the night does your hair good.

"Emily." Jordan says as he steps into my way. He stares down into my eyes but I refuse to look at him so I point my eyes in any other direction. Jordan gently takes a hold of my chin in one hand and points it to look at him. "You have to know I'd never hurt you, no matter how mad I get."

"If you think I believe that... then you can go to hell." I say before pulling away from him and walking out the door. I sit in the corner of the couch, studying the picture of the man Jordan said killed my family.

"What do you want for your lunch slash breakfast?" Jordan asks.

"Nothing I'm not hungry." I reply. There's a small silence whilst he does something in the kitchen and I stare at the picture. "How do you know this man killed my family?" I question him.

"I'll tell you that when you eat up." Jordan says, placing a ham sandwich on the table in front of me. "I'm hardly protecting you if you starve on my watch."

"You're hardly protecting me when your blackmailing me." I say.

"Well when life gives you lemons." Jordan scoffs as he nudges the plate towards me.

"I said I'm not hungry." I sigh.

"Emily you have to eat, I know your scared right now-" Jordan begins.

"I'm not scared, I'm just not hungry." I snap.

"Eat before I cram it down your throat!" Jordan bellows.

"No." I argue, staring in his eyes with sass.

"Emily!" Jordan picks up the plate and smacks it down on to my lap. "I'm warning you."

"Fine but you have to tell me after." I say before taking a bite into the sandwich.

Five minutes later I'm done. "Spill your guts." I order.

"Everything I know is in a file in my room, come on I'll show you." Jordan says. I follow him into his room and to his draws. "Everything you'll want and need to know is in that draw."

I dig into the draw to see nothing but before I can catch on Jordan puts one side of a handcuff around my wrist. "What are you doing?" I ask him angrily.

"I have a to go talk to the guys who arranged this and see what's going on with Marcus, I can't trust you to stay here without running so this is my only option." Jordan says as he drags me over to the radiator.

"Who's Marcus?" I ask him.

"I've already said too much." Jordan sighs.

"Stop!" I order as I press my hand to his chest. "If this is about that guy you have to tell me." Jordan puts a hand on my shoulder and pushes me down to the floor where he attaches the other side of the handcuffs to the radiator pipe. "Jordan he killed my family, I deserve to know his name."

"... His name is Marcus, I'm going to check on the progress of them finding him, I'll be back soon." Jordan says, shoving the keys  to the cuffs into his pocket.