Chapter 69 (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

“Daniel, go to the first floor and look for Dr. Sullivan. Ask her what can Emma eat and go buy her something. And please buy pasta for us,” I tell him.

He nods and leaves the room. Marcus leaves behind Daniel and I know he will stand still by the door.

“Why did you hire them?” Emma asks me somewhat upset.

“Because we need them.”

“No, we don’t.”

“When we get out of the hospital you will realize that I am right.”

She snorts and rolls her eyes.

“I do not want them to hear me giving birth,” she says, her cheeks turn red.

“They won’t. When the time comes they will be across the hall dealing with other things.”

She crosses her arms.

“As you want, Harry,” she says looking away.

“I want it like this, Emma,” I smile at her just to tease her.

She gives me a punch in the arm and then screams in pain.

“I'm not supposed to be the one feeling the pain after the punch?” I ask her mockingly.

“Ah... Shut up... Ah, ah... Dam it.”

She threaded her nails in my arms as she closes her eyes tightly and clenches her teeth. I stand the pain of her nails digging into my skin. After a few seconds she releases me and lay down on the bed breathing heavily.

“What was that?” I question.

“A contraction,” mom replies to me.

I run my fingers through Emma’s hair as she calms down. I won’t bear to have to see it every five minutes. I hug Emma and she snuggles against me.

Half an hour later Daniel enters with the bags containing packed dishes. He opens the bag and gives each of us our plate. He approaches the movable table to Emma and opens the plate by removing the plastic lid. He gives Emma the cutlery and serves her a glass of water.

“The doctor said she should eat carbs and protein... So I also brought her pasta with chicken. And she said she should drink lots of water.”

“Thanks,” Emma mutters and Daniel exits the room.

Our mothers chatted while they ate. I watched Emma while I took the fork to my mouth. She barely ate and moved the fork from side to side of the plate.

“It’s something wrong?” I ask her and she shakes her head no.

“I’m not hungry.”

“Babe, you have to eat something.”

“Ialready ate something,” she says referring to the piece of chicken she had eaten.

I rolled my eyes.

“Emma, please eat.”

“I’m really not hungry.”

“What about we put it away and in a little while you eat?”

She nods and I put the lid to the dish. I keep the plate and cutlery in the bag. Emma drinks all the water. I sit next to her to finish my lunch and she rests her head on my shoulder.

At seven o'clock, the sky is dark and the stars lit up the sky. The boys with their girlfriends, Emma’s brothers, Rose, Annabelle, Logan, Jessie, Gemma... All were in the room laughing and chatting.