-2-

(Y/n)'s POV

How could you not be excited to see Ron again? You'd always felt I kind of... Connection with him.

(*-+%  means timeskip)
*-+%

The next thing you knew, you were saying goodbye to your parents and boarding the Hogwarts express.

You found an empty compartment and sat down, setting your owl (p/n (pet's name)), who was in their cage, down next to you. You stared out the widow, and then heard a knock on the compartment door. You turned your head to face whoever was at the door, and there he stood. Ron Weasley.

Ron opened the door of the compartment a bit"Hey, (y/n) can I sit here? Everywhere else is full, and I can't seem to find Harry or Hermonie." He said.

"Sure." You answered, smiling. "Thanks." Ron said, and sat down in the seat across from you. "So, how was your summer?" You asked, hoping to start up a conversation.

Ron shrugged "pretty good, I guess. You?"

"It was fine."

"Cool."

After a few similar conversion, Harry and Hermonie walked into the compartment.
"There you are, Ron, we've been looking for you!" Hermonie said.

"Yeah, where'd you run off too?" Harry asked.

Hermione then noticed that you were there "hi, (y/n) sorry I didn't notice you, mind if we sit here?" She asked.

"Not at all." You responded.
Harry sat down next to Ron, while Hermione sat down next to you. The three friends were talking about...

Well you weren't really paying attention.
The three of them had always been such excellent friends, it made you feel kind of... Left out.

It seemed just seconds ago you and Ron were having a nice moment alone, and then it was gone in a flash.

It's not like you ever disliked Harry and Hermione, they were wonderful people, you just weren't very close with them is all.

You'd always been pretty close with the Weasley family, since you lived near the Burrow, you got to spend a lot of time with Ron over the summer.

You mentally facepalmed, realizing you had asked him how his summer  was when you had spent almost all of it with him. 'Merlin, help me.' You thought.

"(Y/n)?" Ron asked.

You came back to Earth, and realized you had been staring at him the whole time. "Yeah?" You asked as if you didn't already know.

"Why were you staring at me?" He asked.

'Oh Godric.' You thought, now that three pairs of eyes were looking at you.

"I was just... Thinking, is all." You said.

"Umm... okay." Ron said a bit awkwardly, and continued his conversion with Harry and Hermonie.

The next thing you knew, the train was pulling into the station and the four of you were getting your stuff and leaving the compartment, trying not to get separated in the flood of students.

But in the middle of it all, Ron's hand touched yours. You looked up, having felt the touch of his soft hand, and for a second, he looked into your eyes.

He looked away, his ears a light pink.

Had he done that on purpose?

I told you this chapter would be longer, and I kept my word!!!!

Word count!: 541. Thanks for reading!!!!!