9

Matt smiles at me as we interlock our fingers. My hand fits perfectly in his soft, strong one. The light of the sun reflects off of his eyes and really brings them out. They are filled with love and devotion. Kindness and comfort. When I'm with him, there is nothing that can break me.

We are walking down a sidewalk I have walked on countless times in my life. Our destination, my home. Standing grand and tall against the blue sky. Matt isn't nervous at all, he's confident and sweet like always. Some of his many qualities I have fallen in love with.

We reach the door and knock. It's spring so the sun is shining and the flowers are blooming to life. Everything is so beautiful. So perfect. Mom answers the door in her favorite apron. Pink lace trims around the edges of the white and it says, 'World's Best Mom'. I got it for her when I was six, but she still loves it. She welcomes Matt with open arms and hugs him. It's like he is already part of the family. Everything is silent. Mom is moving her lips, yet no words come out.

We walk in the door and all my brothers are home. We are greeted by all of them. Devan, Evan, Nick, and Caleb. There are no confused looks between Matt and any of them. I find my smile growing even wider when I see Ashley and Tyler are here, and so is Ryan. Even Ashton is here. All the guys are acting like best friends, including Matt and Ryan.

Everything is perfect. Everyone loves Matt. My parents haven't done anything to embarrass me. Dad, for once, isn't busy and stressed about work. He's actually smiling about something. I couldn't ask for anything better. Life is looking bright and happy, I couldn't wait for the future to arrive.

Then, it all comes crashing down. A look of terror crosses Matt's once smiling face. His face contorts in pain and confusion as he holds his wrists up for all to see. Each has a deep crimson line that starts seeping down his arms. His face pales as he falls to the ground with a thud, swimming in his own pool of blood.

A strange noise sounds in the room as Ryan grunts and falls to his knees. He holds on to his right shoulder, and pulls his hand back. Blood covers his hand, and then he falls beside Matt. I fall to my knees beside them and begin to cry.

One by one, everyone starts disappearing. Starting with my parents, and ending with Ashley and Tyler. The room starts to fade to black. Their bodies still lay on the floor beside me. I hear a laugh, an evil one. It's coming from all corners of the room. Above me, below me, all around me. "No!" I cry. But it only gets louder. I begin to scream.

I wake up from my nightmares to the joyful screaming of two little girls. Their footsteps pass by in the hall with a thud. I laugh lightly. Relieved to be away from that nightmare, even though I'm already living it.

I turn in the bed, and let a yelp out when I see a pair of blue eyes staring at me. The same blue eyes that caused my nightmares. He wouldn't let me sleep alone despite my protests last night. I eventually realized I was fighting a lost battle and gave up. I would've fallen backwards off the bed from my jump, but Chris catches me. He laughs at my carelessness, and I do too. "Careful there."

"Sorry," I say, while he still holds me. I lie to him, just like always. "I'm used to having my own bed."

"It's alright." The whole situation becomes awkward because he is still holding me and stares with a small smile. I look away from him, but he still holds me. He still touches me, which is enough to make me shake a little.

"What are you smiling about?"

"I forgot how beautiful you were when you sleep."

That's not creepy at all, I sarcastically think to myself. I smile in response because what are you supposed to say to that? Thank you? Yeah, that's not going to happen.