Chapter 2

Here’s Chapter 2:) Hope you like it!(:

Chapter 2:

   “It’s me, Edwin!” He says with a growing smile on his face. I look at his face confused like I don’t know him, even though I do right away when I saw his face. He stares, with his smile slowly fading. “You okay?” He asks with a concerned look.

“I-I I, umm, I um,” I stuttered in my own words. Crap! What should I say? I already sound stupid and probably look it too. The bell rings meaning lunch is over. Saved by the bell! Weakly, I get up and leave the cafeteria, leaving him standing there awkwardly.

   After school, I wait by Landon’s locker so he could drive me home. He better not stand me up like Brianne did. I wonder where that girl went anyway. I take my phone out and decide to call her, demanding where she had been all day.

“Stephanie! Hey.” She says answering the phone, her voice sounding a little deep.

“Brie, where the heck are you?” I ask almost in a demanding way.

“Oh, sorry -AH CHU- I left school. I’m sick.”

   “I began to think you stood me up during lunch today. Following a strange encounter with Edwin…”

There’s a pause. “Oh so you finally saw what I had tried to tell you!” She says putting an emphasis on the word.

“…Yeah, about that.” I reply ashamedly.

    “Don’t tell me I didn’t try to tell you, cause I did.”

   “Ugh! I’m not worrying about that! I have another situation to worry about!”  I say throwing my free hand in the air. I can hear Brianne laughing at me.

“Go ahead and say it, Stepho, You LIKE him! You STILL LIKE him!” I see Landon waving his hand meaning ‘let’s go.’

“Get well, Brianne. I gotta go. Landon’s driving me home and you KNOW how he is about cell phone talkers in his car.”

“I swear he has OCD.” We both laugh and hang up.

“Find out where Brianne is?” He asks. “Yeah. She went home early cause she’s sick.”

“She seemed fine earlier,”

“I know, I guess it’s just a minor cold… Food poisoning… Idk.”

   By time we make it outside, I see a guy standing by Landon’s car as if he was waiting or something. “Hey, who’s that at your car? I asked confused. “Oh. Forgot to tell you, I’m driving Edwin home, his car hasn’t flew in from Rome y-‘’

   “WHAT?!” I almost yell stopping and standing.

“What’s wrong?” He says turning around looking confused. I stopped to think. Why was I getting mad? It wasn’t like I cared or anything.

“Oh… Nothing… I just thought I left something inside the school."

“You’re crazy.” He says smiling and shaking his head. Once we get to the car, Landon and Edwin do a little bro handshake thing. Great.

“What’s up, Angel?” Edwin says winking at me causing me to blush pink! What the heck! Angle was my nickname he gave me back in 7th grade. How did he remember that? And then he winked at me? Wow, he’s pretty bold. Or could I say sweet? “I see I still make you blush.” Edwin says with a smirk. I smile nervously and get into the car.

   Before we pull off, Landon sits in the driver’s seat and sends a text from his phone. My phone vibrates and I see I have a text from Landon. ‘Angel?’ It reads. I look up at the rear view mirror to see Landon smiling at me.