The Time When Things Went Nowhere

Theresa Millan

                                                                      Marathon

[15] After the party was finished, I got in my car and drove Maria to her house, which was apart from the other pack members. I learned that she lives on her own ever since her mate died, she's now starting a new life with a pack member who had lost his mate too, they're grieving together so it's good that they have each other to lean on.

I drove home after and parked the car in the garage, watching as the door closed before I walked into the empty house. I sighed, guess I'm sleep alone once again. I headed toward our room and took my dress off, heading toward the bathroom to take a shower.

When I finished showering, I wrapped a towel around me and headed back to the room, walking to the closet to put my nightwear on. I went back to the bathroom after and put the towel in the dirty laundry.

I turned off the lights and headed straight to bed, pulling up the covers to get in. I pulled the covers over me and turned around, cuddling to the pillow as I closed my eyes.

I puffed, turning on my back as I stared at the ceiling. I turned on my stomach, I lifted one leg, I tossed one hand. I turned to the right, I turned to the left, I puffed once again as I seek a more comfortable position to sleep in.

I groaned, tossing the covers off of me. I looked at the clock, I sighed, turning back on my stomach. I moved my head to the right, lifting one leg as I sighed, turning to the left. I turned around on my back, scoffing as I groaned.

I put the covers back on me and forced my eyes close, finally finding sleep. I groaned, tossing the covers off of me as I sat up. So much for finding sleep, I think I didn't even sleep for ten minutes.

I looked at the clock, it was quart past two am. The party ended at twelve am, I came home almost one o'clock, it's been an hour and half and he isn't home still. I sighed deeply, running my hand through my hair.

I've been here since last night, letting out my frustration.

I know where he is.

I stood up from the bed and headed toward the closet, changing from my nightwear to a sundress as I put my slippers on. I walked out of the room and made my way to the door, heading out.

The fight ground was pretty close so I didn't need the car, plus I wanted some time to think what I was going to say to Houlton. I brushed my hands up and down my arm at the coldness, the wind blowing my hair and dress.

I moved my hands down to sooth the dress down and sighed, I should have put my jeans on. I breathed in relief when I saw the fight ground and pushed the door open, heavy punching sounds filling my ears.

Houlton was punching the punching bag, his jacket long gone and his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his buttons undone as the blouse moved with every strike. I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms as I waited for him to realize that I was here.