Horror stories

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving guys! I'm hopefully going to be eating turkey and mashed potatoes by late afternoon but decided I would upload this for the sake of my happiness! :)

Loki POV:

I wake up when somebody calls in a sing song voice, "Loki! Come on! Breakfast is ready!"

I groan but open my eyes. Darcy is standing just over me, her black hair hanging inches from my nose. I jerk back.

"Gah!"

She grins and repeats cheerfully, "Breakfast is ready." Then she trots towards her kitchen. I close my eyes and silently wonder what ill omen has caused me me to be woken up at such an ungodly hour. When Thor starts threatening to eat my food, I heave myself from the couch and walk into the kitchen, alert instantly.

Darcy is sitting down with Thor already, eating what looks like eggs and toast. She points to my spot on the table where my own plate of eggs sits. I sit down slowly, looking at everybody with narrowed eyes, before taking a bite. Darcy immediately asks, "How is it?" Then she appologizes, "Sorry, I never have anybody over so this is new...cooking for people."

I glare at her, "It isn't Asgardian food, but it is fine for a Midgardian meal."

She gapes at me for a second and then says, "I'll take that as a compliment."

I zone Thor and Darcy out for a while and find myself flitting my eyes back to Darcy. I watch her as she speeks animatedly to Thor about something. She flips her hands around in an adorable way that makes me want to smile.

I glance over towards Thor suddenly and find that he is looking at me, looking smug. I frown. I deliberately ignore both of them for the rest of the meal. When Thor declares himself done, so does Darcy and I silently follow suit.

Darcy starts to fill a sink with water and Thor pounces, "What are you doing?"

"Dishes."

Thor leans against the fridge, "What do you mean by 'dishes'?"

Darcy chuckles and explains, "It's where I clean these," she holds up one of the plates, "So I can reuse them."

Thor looks confused, "Can't you just get more?"

"No. I have to bye them. Don't you bye stuff in Asgard?"

I step in, "Of course. My brother simply never pays attention to what happens with his plates."

Thor retorts, "And you do?"

I answer smugly, "I do. I happen to pay attention to a lot more than you do Thor."

Darcy mutters, "They're at it again."

Thor ignores her and growls, "I pay attention more than you think brother."

I snap back, "I'm not your brother."

Darcy suddenly calls out, "Not his brother?"

We both look at her. She looks confused. She turns to me, "You are his brother...right?"

I shake my head, "I never was, and I never will be."

Thor looks crestfallen, "How many times do I have to try and drill it through your brain? We grew up together and that is enough to me."

I stare at him, my playmate for years, and now my enemy in my mindset. I tell him coldly, "That isn't enough to me."

I turn and walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. I pick up the remote and turn the TV on, hoping to shut down the ugly thoughts that were trying to claw their way to the surface.