Don't fall off the bridge

A/N: Second part! I'm introducing a new character in here, so watch out for the switched POV. It should be easy to notice as it will be in bold but...

I stare at him for a moment, before smiling a bit, "Oh my."

Thor however, reacts immediately in rage, apparently this news being new to him as well.

"Why was I not informed? What have you done to stop him?!"

Odin looks at his son with a look of annoyance and snaps, "We have done nothing Thor, for Thanos has threatened Asgard."

I sit up, interested more now, "How so?"

He turns on me, his blue eyes shining with a ghost of hope, " He claims he has the power to open a portal into Asgard."

"He's lying."

"Then how did he get into Midgard?"

I pause for a moment, then nod, "Ok, I see a simple solution here."

Thor steps forward, looking distressed,"What brother?"

"Let them destroy Midgard."

Thor immediately roars again and throws me against the wall.

"Jane is there Loki! You dare even think of just letting her die?!"

Odin pries my brother off of me and I, not having my hands to steady myself, topple and fall to the side. My face burns with shame as I stand back up as dignified as I can. I level up to Thor.

"If you make a war personal because of one girl, then-"

Odin cuts me off, "Not just one girl is at stake here Loki, an entire race is at stake."

I chuckle darkly. "I say let the mortals burn, they are worth less than nothing to me. You asked for my opinion, there is my opinion."

Thor looks at me, his eyes flashing a warning. I see that there is not just anger there. There is fear also. He fears for his mortal. Jane Foster. I try to keep my smirk off of my face but fail.

Luckily nobody sees

Thor sounds anxious now, "Please father, let me bring Jane from Earth onto Asgard. She will be safe here."

Odin's answer comes hard and fast, "No."

"Father-"

"No. Jane Foster does not belong here. She belongs on Midgard."

Thor sounds desperate at this point, "Midgard is about to be destroyed! Please!"

"I forbid it. It's time you learn to hold your tongue."

Thor stops speaking and hangs his head. After a moment, he spoke again, his voice husky,"What use do you have of Loki?"

I glare at Thor before turning my gaze on the All Father.

"I need his magic"

I almost laugh, "How would my magic be of use to you?"

"It would be...beneficial for closing any portals Thanos has open."

I nod and then smirk, "I'm surprised you admitted your need of help Odin. I think you wouldn't usually hurt your pride like this."

Odin nods slowly, "No, your right. I normally wouldn't do this, but Thanos has given me no other choice." He heaves himself up, "You and Thor will leave tomorrow for Midgard. I will give Heimdall instructions to take you there and back as much as needed."