Broken

Elaine doesn't even bother to argue with Mr. Miller over all of the issues that always appear to irritate her the next day on set, she has had no sleep the entire night and is just dog tired. The words that Luhan had told her the previous night mixed with Jongin's strange actions are nothing but a havoc duo. All types of thoughts concerning the meaning behind those words, and trying to connect that hidden story together left her conscience completely restless.

All she needs is some sleep, thirty minutes is all that she is asking for, and that is exactly what she plans to get. Walking into her dressing room, she heads straight for the long couch to finally rest her head, but is stopped when she finds a gray rose waiting for her. The color is more on the gray side, and it gives off an unpromising vibe. Unlike last time though, she doesn't touch it, but picks it up with a handkerchief and tosses it into the nearest trash bin, rolling her eyes while walking back to the couch– these fans are nothing but irking and immature, honestly.

She submerges into the pillow and gets knocked out in no time, shutting herself out of this exhausting world.

Although it may feel like it has only passed five minutes or so, around two hours later Elaine finds herself reopening her eyes from the sudden feeling of tapping urging her to wake up. Her mind is boggled and distorted for a moment as she tries to register what is happening around her, but all she can see is fog as the smell of burnt wood and smoke begin to intoxicate her lungs. She coughs while looking up at the hidden figure, and that is what it truly is in her eyes, for the person is wearing a hood with a mask to cover his face, so she can barely tell who this person is.

The masked man quickly pulls her up by her hand and leads her outside of the room in the midst of the ferocious flames, and she can only follow his footsteps while covering her nose and lips with her sleeve. As they run through the mass of burning destruction, a fluorescent tube suddenly comes crashing down before them, making Elaine clash into his back from the abrupt halt. The man recaptures her hand and helps her jump over the tube before continuing their escape.

All she can see in front of her are bursts of red and orange swarming together in a destructive pact, destroying all in their path to catch her and end her life. The feeding frenzy almost comes to a stop when the man finds an exit, but to their luck it is locked. He drops her hand and ompts to bust it down with the use of his shoulder thrusts. It seems like he will fail against the solid seal, but on his sixth attempt, he finally knocks it down.

Elaine wastes no time before running out into the open atmosphere as the man guides her to the other side of the street, where she heads to Key's car and lays against it, trying to catch a breath. A hand touches her shoulder to offer her help, and when she pivots her head towards the direction, she finds Key's distraught face looking at her.

"Thank god you made it out of there, are you okay?" He asks while tapping her back and handing her a bottle of water. She takes the drink without question and gulps it down, the burning sensation much worse than that of alcohol. "How did you get out of there? I didn't even know you were in the building!" Key asks fretfully, even though the incident has past and they're all alive and breathing.

"It was this man that..." She points besides her, but pauses in the middle of her own sentence when realizing that she is pointing to nothing but mid-air– the man is no longer there. "...helped me." She continues breathlessly, confusion brimming as she looks at pure nothingness. She even moves her head around to try and spot him, but it is like he had flown away with the strokes of the wind.

"What? Who did?" Key asks while analyzing the empty spot next to her, unable to find anything comprehensible.

Elaine shakes her head even though it is unnerving her, "Nevermind..."