What is this anyway?

I was in the house after what felt like years. My gosh, it smelt perfect. Perfectly mopped floor,perfectly washed dishes, perfectly-.... Everything.

The next thing I knew I was sitting down on the sofa. Sal was walking around,and the atmosphere was quiet.

It didn't bother me for some reason. I was comfortable with Sal's silence. He seemed to be trying to process the fact that I was there in is presence after a while.

20 minutes passed.

"I'm familiar with the feeling." I finally said,looking down at my feet. He was walking around,then stopped behind where i was sitting.

"Yeah?"

I nodded my head. I'm familiar with "oh I want to talk to you but I don't know what to say" type of feelings.

'Hey.... I'm sorry for being so distant."

"People are always going to be like that. Why should it matter now?" I said,standing up.

"I'm just saying sorry,hun. I've been wanting to see you for a while now,but I didn't want to let some..feeling.. get over me." His voice started to trail off,and I knew what he meant but was still confused.

He began to get quiet again, and it hurt me to be near him when he seemed this down.

"Am I really that bad?' I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder,but he softly jerked away.

"Sal. Do you even really want me to be here? I mean, c'mon. If you want to talk about something, talk! Get it out. Whatever it is that you're feeling- I know it isn't good to keep it trapped inside...... I've been there way too many times."

No answer.

I started to getting going,but suddenly remembered the bottle I had.

"I know you are going to just sit there like a dick and not answer me.

But," I took the bottle from my small purse,

"What is this anyway?"