don't ask question's - chapter 12

Okay this chapter is kind of short, but I hope you like it. J

......................................................................................................................................

Chapter 12

Don't ask questions

*Chance's P.O.V*

I didn't expect to find them so fast. They are only two cities away; they're still in California how convenient.

"Boss? Would you like us to capture them?" asked one of the soldiers in my office. My office was filled with some of my best soldiers.

"No, leave them." I don't want to go after them yet. That would be no fun. We're going to play the waiting game. "That's all.... NOW GET OUT MY OFFICE!" They all stumbled over each other trying to get out of my office fast. It was ridiculous.

"Don't worry Clarissa, I'm coming for you." I paced around my small office; it's so lonely in here. It's so small and almost empty. All that was in here was my desk, my chair, two chairs in front of my desk, a long black sofa pushed to the wall and next to the sofa was a bookcase.

The book case brought back memories, of when Clarissa first came here. When I didn't have that much work to do around the castle, I would sneak into Clarissa's room and teacher her how to read and wright. The books in my book case where the ones I taught her with. She was very smart and soon I wasn't needed to teach her anymore, but even with the memories with the bookcase- the best feature in the room- was the large window that took up the whole wall behind my desk.

When I look through it, it seems like I can see everything and someday Clarissa will be outside with all our children, playing outside where I can watch them while I work. I plan to spend the rest of my life with her and no one will stop me, even if I must kill my brother to have that.

*Clarissa's P.O.V*

I must have fallen asleep. I woke up in the bed next to Oliver. Oliver and I where tangled together. We were holding hands and we were so close, but it was nice the way his body heat radiated off of him. I kissed Oliver's nose, then began to untangle myself from him.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Nowhere" I answered with a smirk on my face. Oliver wrapped his arms around me.

"She's pretty" I told him.

"Who?" Oliver asked. Okay, it's bad enough that he told me he had a mate and didn't tell me that he had found her already, now he's pretending like he doesn't know who I'm talking about?

"Your mate." I told him. He looked confused but soon it was gone. His confused face was replaced with a blank one, locking off all his emotions.

"Susie's not my mate." he told me. What? But the other day he'd said he wouldn't mate with some one that's not his mate. Did that mean he lied? Did that mean I had a chance to have a real relationship with him before he found his mate?

"Clarissa, I didn't mate with Susie I just had sex with her, nothing more." Oh sex and nothing more. Way to crush any hope I had of us being together.

"Do you regret it?"

"No, I love Elizabeth. I wouldn't change a thing that happened that night." Aww he's so sweet loving his daughter no matter what. He leaned in, to kiss me, but I moved back before he could. Then who is his mate? I pulled away from his kiss.

"Oliver who is your mate?" he looked uncomfortable and angry.

"Carissa, I don't think now is the best time to tell you who my mate is." Now isn't the best time? He is such a guy. He's going to string me along until he is ready to let me go. What if I don't want to stay with him that long?