full of surprise's - chapter 10

Kai – it sounds like you're saying hi just with a k instead of a h. (I hope that helped)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

Clarissa's p.o.v

Oliver led us to a dead end. In fount of us were thick woods and behind us was the house which was filling with more vampires as we speak. What does he think he's doing? Does he plan for us to walk? There's no way we can out run the vampires in that house. I'm all up for hiking but I don't think now is the time.

Oliver pulled me into the woods. "Oliver, was-" "Shhh..." Did he just shush me?! I'm the one in a dress and heels walking through the woods. Escorted by some vampire. This would be a great story to tell my dad when we got back.

Oliver let go of my hand and whispered "Stay here." then went deeper into the woods. I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. "Yes?" I asked Kai. "Do you like him?" Oliver? Oliver and I are just friends; it would just be awkward if we dated. He looks so much like Chance and when I died he would live on as a vampire. What type of relationship is that? "No." I told him. "Yeah right, how can you not like him he's your-" Kai stopped in midsentence "Did you hear that?'" Hear what? I don't hear anything. The woods were completely silent. Just like they were when we first stepped in.

"Kai what am I supposed to be hearing?" I asked him, still trying to hear sounds in the woods. "Oliver's coming back." How does he know that? I can't hear a thing. "How do you know that?" Kai gave me a confused look. "You don't remember." What is he going on about. First he says that there are noises in silent woods, then he says that I don't remember something. What?! What could I possibly not remember?

"I'm back, did you miss me?" Oliver drove out of the wood in a black truck with two black motorcycles, and two blue motorcycles on the bed of the truck... Where did he get those, and how did he get here without running into a tree? Well the trees are spaced out, but there's so many of them! "Oliver I need to talk to you." Kai took Oliver out of my hearing range. They started talking using large hand motions. From what I could tell Oliver was pissed over whatever Kai was telling him.

They must be talking about me. Why else would they go where I can't hear them? Kai looked like he was geting angry. When we were children and I would make Kai mad, he would disappear for a couple of days. If I happened to see him he would never talk to me. It seems he hasn't got over that habit. He stormed away from Oliver. He went to the bed of the truck and dragged off one of the blue motorcycles. He placed it on the ground then went to get in the truck. Once in the truck he tossed out two orange backpacks. He then cranked the truck and left. Leaving nothing but dust and the soft humming of the truck.

"Oliver, where's Kai going?" I asked. "He said he will meet us there. Get on we need to leave." he told me. Oliver grabbed the backpacks and placed them under the seat of the motorcycle then climbed on and I climbed on soon after. I wrapped my arms around his waist for 'safety'. Well that's what I told myself. Deep down I knew that I would wrap my arms around him any day. I placed my hands on his stomach tracing the lines from his washboard abs.

"If you don't stop that soon I'm going to have to pull over." he told me. "Pull over and do what?" I asked still running my hand along his abs. "Keep doing that and you'll find out." I stopped tracing his abs and settled on laying my head on his back.

We were in the city. Oliver said that we were only staying here 'till Kai got here, but I was so tired that I didn't even care where Kai was. I just wanted to get to bed.

Oliver parked the bike in front of a hotel then carried me in. "Can I have a room please." he asked the man working behind the desk. "Sure, would that be one bed or two sir?" the man asked. "One" "OK, room 33 is available, it's on the second floor, have a nice night.'' Said the desk man tas he slipped Oliver a room key.