"You don't be mean." Laughing I turned back to the pancake only to find I was burning the food. I quickly cleaned the spatula before I flipped the cake, sad to see that it was already black on the side and letting out a sigh I picked it up throwing it away.

"Karma comes back to get you in mysterious ways." Looking over at James who was smiling at me while he lent against the counter I shook my head at him.

"You know you're right, that's why I deserve one of these." I quickly picked up one of the four pancakes he'd requested on his plate, transferring it to mine.

"Hey! That's my food!" He tried to come take his pancake back, but when I went to swat his hand this time he quickly backed away. "Hey, no need to get violent..."

"I made it. Therefore it's mine." I sent him a small smirk, pouring more batter into the pan.

"Well if that logic applies to everything..." James came up behind me, his hands lying on my waist, close to the bottom of his shirt. "I bought it, therefore it's mine." James whispered in my ear before his hands traveled to the bottom of his shirt, sliding it up my thighs.

"Wait a second!" I tried to stop his hands, but James just grabbed both of mine in one of his own, reaching behind me to turn the stove off before walking me back to the living room.

When there he gently laid me down on the couch, before his body covered mine. I was going to push him off me, get up and finish cooking, but he stopped me from doing so while simultaneously stopping my whole thought process. James quickly smashed his lips against mine, his hands slowly rubbing up and down my thigh at the same rate as his lips moved against my own. Immediately I groaned into his mouth, and when he deepened the kiss I couldn't stop myself from wiggling against him, trying to create more friction than our bodies already had.

My arms tried to go behind his back, to pull him even closer to me, but I was stopped once again. James held my hands in one of his own, raising them above my head before his other hand slowly began inching towards the end of his shirt.

When he reached the hem of the shirt he slowly began pulling it up over my negligee, despite my mumbles of disagreement.

"James, don't."

"Why not?" His breath was hot against my ear, making a shiver rack through my body as I tried to come up with a coherent answer.

"B-because it's e-embarrassing..."

"What are you hiding under here that could possibly be embarrassing?" As if to answer his own question James finally pulled the t-shirt up and off my body, his movement freezing as he stared at me.

Quickly my hands tried to cover my body, hiding as much as I could from his prying eyes. It didn't provide much coverage though as I was wearing a sheer lace negligee, and feeling more insecure than I'd ever felt in my life I was quick to avert my gaze, looking away in embarrassment.

James didn't say anything to me, instead his hands slowly reached down, removing mine from covering myself, before he stared harder at me. If his hold on my hands wasn't preventing me I would've covered myself again but all I could do was watch him stare at me.

I was about to get up and call it quits when he smiled at me. I don't know what it was, but when he smiled, like legit full out white teeth, eyes crinkling smiled at me, my heart stopped. My breath caught in my throat, everything in me focusing in on that one thing, his smile.

When he saw he had my attention his smile grew impossibly bigger, and the next words that came from his mouth had my heart stopping for a whole other reason. "You're beautiful."