Of Fairytales and Wolves

I woke a little later the next morning after such an eventful day.

Mason had left me a note on his side saying to come to his office when I wake.

Too bad I didn't know where that was.

After brushing my teeth and doing my morning stuff, but staying in my pyjamas, I left the room in search of Mason.

I knew it would most likely be on the same floor as his fathers, so I headed down there.

I could smell him in one of the rooms I passed so I guessed that was it and knocked on the door.

"Come in." His deep voice called.

I opened the door slowly to make sure there was no one there, even though I didn't smell anyone. All I seen was him behind a desk so i entered and shut the door.

"Hey,you're awake." He smiled at me.

"Yeah, I'm not long up."

I walked over to his desk slowly and surveyed the office. It was nice, quite minimalist apart from a lot of books on the wall to the right of me.

"What're you doing?" I asked him, curious about what the Alpha's son does in a pack. My alpha at home didn't have any sons, and his daughter was a little too into herself for me.

"Just pack stuff, looking at a bit of filing from ages ago. Come here." He smiled at me as he outstretched his hand.

I took it and hesitated before sitting on his lap, acutely aware of my lack of clothing.

"Good morning." he said to me, and put his hand on the back of my neck as his raised to kiss me. I brought my hands to his hair as the simple kiss evolved into something more, what often seemed to happen to us, it was like our hormones were going crazy; Which I guess they kind of were.

His hand traveled up the back of my thigh and traced along the edge of my loose shorts. I moved to straddle him because my other position was getting slightly uncomfortable and his mouth went down to my neck. I gripped his hair tightly as he sucked on his mark and my hips moved uncontrollably, evoking a desperate moan from Mason as I moved over a growing bulge in his jeans I hadn't noticed.

He came away from my neck and I smiled at him.

"Sorry" I said sheepishly. He chuckled slightly at my apology and shook his head, moving his hand along the bottom of my shorts where it still remained.

"Your party is tonight." he told me with a devious smile.

I groaned and dropped my head to his shoulder, not pleased at how quick Raina gotten things done, she was a force to be reckoned with.

"Oh great. Do I have to attend?" I smiled at him hopefully, only half joking.

He smiled back unapologetically and nodded, "Sadly yes. It really won't be as bad as it seems, you'll get to meet a lot of the pack." He told me encouragingly. Uh, I don't know any of these people and suddenly I'm their new Luna. Gosh, I hadn't even wrapped my own head around it.

"C'mon, I have something I want to show you. It'll take your mind off it." Mason told me.

He brought me to a room much like an ancient library, all the books were leather bound and looked decades old.

They were in shelves that lined the four walls, and he brought me to one at the far wall, searched for a moment then took out a particularly large black book, and laid it on a table in the middle of the room.

He opened it at the middle and some dust flew off it into the air, giving me an insight into how often the library was actually used.

"This room is more of a information storage for us, and where we find answers."

He flicked through a few pages till he landed on the one he wanted then turned to me,

"Look."

I peered down at the page before me, on it was a picture of two wolves fighting. It was very old and one of the wolves seemed royal, majestic, like a king. The other seemed worn, beaten, and angry.

"That's Oliver Grey, the original alpha of this pack, many many years ago.

It's quite a good story actually. He fell in love with a girl, Angelica, when he was around 17.

Of course, as all tragic romances go, she was the daughter of an alpha of another pack, a man who was sworn enemies with the alpha of Ollie's pack." he smirked at me as I listened intently.

"So they kept their romance hidden, but eventually they were found out. Her father was furious, fraternising with the enemy and all that. But, he offered Oliver an ultimatum, if he could kill him he could be with Angelica. Angelica hated her father deeply, seeing him as only power hungry and arrogant, so she told Oliver to kill him.

They battled, and Oliver got the upper hand and ripped out the Alphas throat.

Though the pack was now rightfully Oliver's, he feared the repercussions killing the alpha could have on himself and Angelica, so they stowed away into the night, but not as sneakily as they thought.

Some of Oliver's own pack members, and many of Angelica's witnessed the battle and wanted to be lead by Oliver, so they joined and pleaded with him to create a pack, the Grey pack, under his leadership, and that's what he did."

I gazed at the picture, trying to imagine Oliver and Angelica, trying to imagine them in Mason and me.

"Wow, that's quite the story." I said to him.

"It is. All of the children know it, at hallowe'en all the boys want to be brave alpha Oliver and all the girls want to be Luna Angelica." He laughed to himself.

There was a knock on the door and we turned to see Raina enter.

"There you are! I've been looking all over, I assume you've told her?" She raised an eyebrow at Mason and he nodded.

"Good, let's go, we need to get you ready, people will be arriving in a couple of hours, it's going to be great!" She told us with excitement as she grabbed my hand.

"Wait," Mason said, as he took my face in one hand and kissed me.

"There, you can go now." he smirked at me and I glared back.

Please vote or comment if you liked it :)