New friends

"So where are you from?" Raina asked as she lead me up the marble stairs to what I assumed was her room.

I explained to her as soon as we left the boys that I was not moving in with Mason right then. She just smirked lightly and said "soon enough you will" and began to lead the way.

"Small town in Michigan." I answered.

"Wow, long way from home. Why'd you move?"

I paused for a second and tried to push away the dark thoughts of my brother that flooded my mind. It had become easier to do so over time.

"About six months ago, my brother died."

Raina turned and looked at me with sadness in her eyes, "I'm sorry Hayley."

I gave her a sad smile and brushed it off.

" it's okay, we're adjusting. That's why we're here, to try and get a fresh start, atleast for a while."

We arrived at a thick wooden door and Raina opened it. Her room was huge, but I was beginning to get the impression that all the rooms around here were. Kyle's pack were very well off to say the least.

"Wow, this is a really cool room." I said.

Raina's dark wood sleigh bed dominated the room. The whole place was a mix of light blue and green tones, and she even had a hammock like chair hanging in the corner. Next to if were a stack of books.

"Thanks, it's mine and Jace's most of the time. He still has his own but we're practically moved in together here."

She plopped down on the bed and motioned for me to join her. I did, and she turned to face me.

"So you're going to be our new Luna."

That part still was buzzing around my mind, I couldn't believe it.

"I guess so." I said nervously

"Don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll be great, you wouldn't be mates with an alpha if you couldn't run the pack."

She gave me an encouraging smile and I tried to have the same faith in myself that she already had in me.

"So how long have you and Jace been mates?" I asked her.

"Since my sixteenth birthday. He is a few months older than me, and of course couldn't feel it till I turned sixteen too. We bonded almost right away." She smiled dreamily at me.

I could tell from the way she spoke of him she was very much in love, but so is everyone who has a mate, it's uncontrollable.

I thought of Mason, sitting downstairs with Jace. This was all so surreal, I found my mate. And he's an Alpha.

I felt a sensation in my mind and realised it was Mason reaching out to me. Everyone within the same pack could communicate telepathically.

*Can you come back downstairs?*

*Yeah I'll be down in a sec.*

I felt affection through the link, then turned to Hayley, and saw her giving me an affectionate smile too.

"You were talking to him, weren't you?"

I blushed slightly and she chuckled. "You had a look in your face I'm familiar with, does he want you back?"

I nodded and blushed again.

"Of course he does, he'll be like that for a while, newly mated males are very possessive, an alpha even more so, I'm surprised he let you out of his sight."

The thought of Mason being possessive over me made my stomach jump a little. I'd never ben turned on by a thought alone before, but everything about mates was new to me.

We both left the room and went back downstairs again, but into a different room than the one we were in before. I could hear Mason's voice drifting from the room, and music playing too.

He and Jace both looked up as we entered, as did two other boys, both looking a little younger than Mason and Jace, seventeen maybe.

Raina went straight for Jace's lap again and he held her head and kissed her, his hand travelling towards her ass. Well he wasn't shy in public anyway.

I turned to Mason and he held a hand for me to join him. I took it and felt the tingles again. God he was going to kill me with these sparks.

A smile graced his lips and he tugged me to sit down at his side and put an arm around my waist.

"Hayley, this is Axel and Josh."

He gestured to both of them. Axel seemed smaller than the other guys in the room, but just a well muscled. He had almost pale skin and vibrant green eyes, and the grin he sent me made him seem younger than he was.

Josh was all around American boy. Tanned skin, blue eyes, blonde surfer hair. I'm sure the girls loved him.

I raised my hand in a wave slightly and said hello.

I got a mix of "hey" and an enthusiastic "what's up" back.

They both turned back to a screen and I realised they were playing football on an Xbox.

I turned my head to look over at Raina and Jace, who now were almost lying down on the sofa and getting kind of heated.

"Ignore them, you begin to not even notice it after a while" Mason said, his breath whispering along my ear.

I shivered slightly, and he put his head into my neck, I could feel a smile on his lips and he brushed them along my collarbone.

"Let's go upstairs" he whispered.

I nodded and took his hand again as he lead me out of the room.

We took the same route I took to Raina's room, but kept going past her door. There were a set of double doors at the bottom of the hall, that I guessed was where we were headed.

"This is my room," Mason said, as he opened the door.