Chapter 12

Loki was pacing the bifrost in front of Heimdall. He'd arrived perfectly fine, but without Althea. One minute she'd been by his side in Helheim and as he returned to Asgard, she stayed behind.

"Where is she Heimdall?!" He yelled facing the gatekeeper. He would know, he was all-seeing after all.

"She is speaking with my sister…" Heimdall replied to him calmly, before he walked up to his podium and slammed his sword down, activating the bifrost.

Loki waited, and as the bright light disappeared from the bifrost he ran over to Althea quickly, picking her up from where she sat on her hands and knees, "Althea? Are you all right? Did she harm you?" He asked her, gently pulling her up from the ground, barely containing the anger he had at Hel.

Althea shook her head. "No, no, I'm fine, Loki," She replied to him in a calm voice, smiling slightly.

He sighed in relief, before pulling her into his arms, thankful he was actually touching her, seeing her again.

"You need to come with us," A rough voice said and the two of them looked up, seeing five Asgardian guards dressed in golden armor in the doorway of the bifrost, "The king requests your presence," The leader informed them.

Loki looked away from them, and took Althea's hand before leading her towards the guards who surrounded them as they walked towards the throne room.

Frigga was worried for her son, and as Odin stood in front of her looking deep in thought after a messenger had come and gone, she was even more worried for him.

"Heimdall has alerted me that Loki and the girl have married," He finally explained turning towards her.

Frigga couldn't deny that she was happy her son had disobeyed her husband and gone ahead and married the girl. Just because he was a frost giant didn't mean he didn't deserve to be happy. She raised him like he was a true Asgardian, and in her mind he really was. But she was afraid of what Odin would do to them because of it.

"What will you do?" She asked him worriedly.

"Don't look so worried," He replied. "I have a contingency plan, but I'll need your help to carry it out," He said turning to her.

Before she could reply, a guard came inside the room."We've found them your majesties," He said, bowing.

Odin nodded, and the guard left, the two rulers of Asgard following close behind.

Loki looked around the throne room as they entered, seeing only four people waiting for them: Odin, Frigga, Sif and Althea's father, Fenrir. He took a moment to study each one of them. Odin was looking neutral, Frigga happy and sad, Sif was glaring at him, and Fenrir was also looking quite angry. He couldn't wait to see his reaction when he found out he and Althea had married, destroying his precious marriage contract.

He watched as Sif moved forwards to embrace Althea, but she shifted and turned her body into his so Sif could not touch her. He couldn't help but feel satisfaction in the way Sif's face fell in disappointment and sadness before she masked her face and walked back to stand beside Fenrir.

Loki then turned his attention to said man, seeing him watching Sif before looking directly at Althea and lifting his chin to seem more intimidating.

"Where have you been?" He asked her with anger in his voice. But, before his dear Althea could even answer Fenrir continued speaking, "Know this, you'll never be doing it again on my command, and then on your husband's command when you're married!" He shouted at her.

Loki kept his face impassive, but glanced down at Althea with his eyes to see her trying, and failing to hide a smirk at her father's words. He was clearly the better actor. Loki schooled his face to look saddened by the news and looked over at Fenrir, "Does that mean her husband will define all of Althea's life?" He asked him, fake concern in his voice.