Chapter 13

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"I'm not negative. I'm just positive you're gonna mess it up."
~Rico Santos, Fast Five
_______________________________________

Chapter 13

Jace

I was hanging on a bar by handcuffs. Brandon was next to me, griping about the predicament.

"Brandon, how about you start using that brain to figure out a way out of here instead of whinging about it?" I suggested.

"I don't see you doing anything to help us get out of there," he retorted. "You have any ideas?"

"He might not, but I do," Jackson spoke up, walking into the room.

"What are you doing here?" Brandon muttered.

"Trying to help you. Listen, the bar you're dangling off of isn't exactly strong. All I have to do is loosen a few screws and one good yank from the two of you, you'll be free. The keys for your handcuffs are on that table over there. When Kaiser comes in to beat you two up some more, make your move. Together the two of you can take him. If he comes with someone else, as long as it's anyone but Lynch and not more than two people, you two have a pretty good chance of winning."

"Why are you doing this?" I inquired.

"Because Ember asked for my help and if she's going to get out of this predicament she's in, she's going to need you two."

"What about you?"

"What about you?"

"I'm going to help her as long as I can without getting caught."

"And when you do get caught?"

"I don't know. Ember told me to come stay with her but I don't exactly trust Dom or Hobbs not to shoot me."

"They wouldn't shoot you. Ember would make sure of it. She prevented Dom from shooting me," I joked.

"Why'd he want to shoot you? Because you like her?"

"Actually, I don't think he minded that I liked her. He thought I got her back into racing which in a sense is true... I got on her bad side for a while and to blow off steam, she took one of her dad's cars and raced once. That was all it took for her to be hooked. You obviously know how good she is. She wouldn't be in this predicament if she wasn't."

"She beat me. That's the problem."

"If you didn't want her in this life, why tell Lynch about her in the first place?" Brandon queried as Jackson grabbed a screwdriver off the table.

"Because I didn't know who she was at the time."

"But why care about her getting into the life? Because I have a feeling if it was anyone else, you wouldn't give a damn."