Chapter 9

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:

"Let's go for a little ride."

~Dom Toretto, The Fast and the Furious

 __________________________________ 

Chapter 9

When Dom and I arrived at the hospital, mom was waiting for us. She enveloped me in a huge hug, asking if I was okay. I told her I was, apologizing sincerely for having running off. I knew Dom was going to tell her why later so I didn't bother explaining. I was also too embarrassed to say anything on the subject.

"Where's Jace? Is he okay?" I asked.

"Jace is fine. The bullet hit him in the arm but didn't do any significant damage. He's upstairs. Hobbs has security stationed outside his door now that we know Lynch is after us. He's out there right now trying to find him but the whole group has disappeared off the radar."

"We're going to need to get out of town," Dom said. "Lynch has too many allies here. He wants us so badly, then we're going to lead him to a place where we have more connections than him."

"Where's that exactly?" I asked.

"Rio. We'll play Lynch's game, but on our own terms. We'll leave in the morning. Ember, go see Jace. Check on him and tell him what we're doing. Invite him to come along. Your mom and I will be up soon."

I nodded and dashed upstairs. I found Jace chatting with Brandon. Both of them looked tired but okay nonetheless, except for the fact Jace had his arm wrapped up in bandages. They both looked at me when I entered the room. Brandon was on his feet in an instant to pull me into a hug.

"Thank god you're okay! You scared the shit out of us!" he said.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Where did you go?"

"To see my dad..."

"You better now?"

"Yeah, but I still shouldn't have scared y'all." I pulled out of the hug. "Hey, um, do you think I could have a minute or two with Jace?"

"Yeah of course. I'll go get some coffee and let my mom and dad know you're all right." Brandon left the room and I turned to face Jace.

"How are you doing?" I inquired, slowly walking up to his bed.

"I'm okay. You? You look like you've been crying."

"Oh god, still?" I groaned, wiping under my eyes to make sure any mascara or eyeliner that might've run down my face disappeared. Sighing, I said, "I guess I'm okay. Better than earlier but now I feel like crap for scaring everyone. But I'm also not the one that got shot. What happened?"

"Brandon and I headed downtown searching for you. I don't really know what happened to be honest. I just remember opening the car door and a gunshot ringing out. I felt pain explode in my arm and I got in the car before I could see who had done it. Brandon got me here as fast as he could."

"You'll be okay though right?"

"Yeah. In fact I'm getting let out tomorrow morning."

"Good." The two of us fell into an awkward silence for a few moments before I finally broke it, saying, "Listen, about how I've been acting towards you recently, I want to apologize. I know you were just trying to protect me and I shouldn't have gotten angry at you for that."