Chapter 11

Enjoy :)

Chapter Quote:
"We talkin' or we racin'?"
~Fast Five
__________________________________________

Chapter 11

Jace

With three days of non-stop driving, we finally arrived in Rio. Dom had changed the location once Ember had told him about the tracking system on the GPS. He had been absolutely furious. He wasn't the only one. Hobbs went on a tirade against his crew, trying to figure out who had put the tracking devices on the GPSs, but whoever it was left before he or she could be found out.

"Are you three okay? Did Jackson put a tracker on your car?" Dom asked the moment they stepped out of the Impala.

"We're fine. Jackson wouldn't have had a chance to put a tracker on the car," Ember said.

"How do you know?" Dom demanded.

"Because I was out with the car the whole time. He never would've had a chance and I would've seen anyone who tried to do anything to our car," Brandon explained.

"Good. The others should be here in two days. In the meantime, I'm going to go meet with Tego and Rico. You three get settled in here. If you leave, go together, and try to blend in as best you can."

"That'll be no problem for me and Jace here, but Ember's going to stick out like a sore thumb with that blonde hair of hers," Brandon remarked.

"That's what a baseball cap is for," she retorted. "I go where you do. Someone's going to have to keep you out of trouble."

"Um, might I remind you we're here because you couldn't stop racing."

"I wasn't talking about you Brandon. I was talking about Jace."

"Hey!" I protested.

Dom gave us a small smile. "Just watch out for each other. We all have a target on our backs and I don't want anyone dying on my watch. I'll see you three later."

Dom walked off. Ember announced she was going to go take a shower. After three days of nonstop driving, I didn't blame her. I let Brandon take one after her. Then I did. It felt good to be clean. When I walked out, Brandon and Ember were looking something up on the computer.

"What're you doing?" I asked, sitting next to Ember.

"Searching for a place to eat, preferably somewhere we can blend in," Ember said.

"Then we should probably go for a touristy area. It'll be harder to spot us. Besides, then Ember can blend in with the other blondes," I joked.

"Shut up. You're blonde too," she pointed out.

"Yeah but most of the men here are-"

"Not tall," Brandon interrupted. "The average height for a man in Brazil in urban areas five foot eight. You're six foot two."

"I have an idea. Let's go to the beach," Ember suggested.

"We're here as runaways, not for a vacation," Brandon replied. "

She sighed. "I know that, but it's a touristy place. It's the best area for us to blend in."

"She has a point," I remarked.