Strings

you'd hear the soft echo of his guitar strings dancing off the walls from your shared bedroom. You'd silently tip-toe up to the sound of the beautiful music he's creating, not wanting to miss a single note, or interrupted his concentration.
You'd stand just before your bedroom, leaning against the door frame as your gaze trails along Shawn's bare back as he sits on his desk chair picking away at the musical instrument. His prominent muscles glide smoothly with his arm movements. Only the left side of his face is visible as he watches his fingers slide over the frets intently, ensuring they move accordingly to produce the correct sound. His features involuntarily twitch occasionally out of concentration. You catch his eye, and a subtle blush colors his cheeks, his lips automatically form into a joyful smile as he turns to face you, muting the vibrating strings on the guitar, admiring the girl he fell in love with so long ago. Standing in front of him in just his shirt cascading from her shoulders down to her thighs, showing an equal amount of admiration in her eyes.
"Keep playing," you whisper to him, already missing the sweet melody. He'd smile down at his guitar and pick up the tune from where he left off. You step over to him placing a soft hand on his shoulder, tracing a path to his back as you stand behind him. You'd begin to delicately draw invisible, aimless lines in and around the grooves of his shoulders and shoulder blades.
He relaxes under your touch, and sets down his guitar, turning to face you once more. He gazes up at you as you look down at him. He brings his hands up to the back of your thighs, pulling you in closer to him. His eyes would flutter shut and he'd rest his cheek against your chest letting out a sigh of relief. You'd bring your fingers up his hair and gently run them through it, resting your arms on top of his shoulders. He's hands would find their way up to your hips under his shirt that you're wearing. He'd start rubbing his thumbs along your smooth skin then slide his arms around your torso holding you close to him.
Neither of you could take moments like these for granted. The sweet bliss between the two of you swells your hearts and fills you with more than enough happiness. Home to him will never be the roof over his head, it's you. You've always been his home, and you always will be.