"Hatun(Ms) Feriha look he's back again."  Cried little Feriha's servant as they watched a young boy of only twelve summers stood underneath her window.

"Let him be, you know mistress said I wasn't allowed to talk to the opposite sex." Feriha  chastised her maid as she went about practicing a new dance step. Feriha had lived in the brothel for the last three years of her life. She was sold to this brothel when the one she had been in closed down due to lack of business.

She wasn't allowed outside the premises and certainly wasn't given the free will to play like the child she was. "Say something to him, the weather doesn't look too good. It might rain any moment."

Feriha's maid had been worried about young master Abbas, he visited Feriha everyday just to hear her voice. He would sneak underneath her window as he listened to her chatter with maids and tutors alike. The few times Feriha was allowed outside under the supervision of a guard Abbas would stare at her longingly.

"Master Abbas return home, I wont be performing today it is about to rain." Feriha shouted from her window. With a big smile Abbas waved at her then took off running home. Feriha wouldn't see Abbas again for a long time.

For months three to be exact Feriha wondered where Abbas had gone. She couldn't openly ask of his whereabouts but she did pray he retuned to her. Feriha had even fallen gravely ill due to her yearning for the boy whose smile she lived for.

"Hatun I can't take it any longer, I will find out what had happened to him." Her maid tired of seeing Feriha so depressed too matters into her hands by seeking Abbas out. She found out Abbas's parents discovered his rendezvous with Feriha so they sent him away when he got home that raining day.

Abbas would be returning to marry his cousin in four years time. And if he refuses, he'd face his father's wrath by being disowned. He returned two years earlier than he was suppose to pleading with his family to accept his love for Feriha but they had categorically rejected his plea.

Deciding to approach Feriha's mistress, Abbas asked how much her freedom would cost. To which the mistress demanded two hundred silver and several items a young boy of only fourteen couldn't afford. The mistress didn't want to loose Feriha, she had seen the talent the young girl possessed and it would be a shame to have her tied up to one man.

Abass went around doing odd jobs, some were demeaning  for a boy of his status but he still did them as long as his Feriha was spared the fate of an harlot. His family secretly ruined every chance he had of getting a job worthwhile.

To put a stop to what they deemed was madness, his mother approached Feriha's mistress asking that Feriha's ceremony from a girl into adulthood was done before the usual age of fifteen. This all happened in a hush without the young couple's knowledge.

One evening Feriha was drugged and led into a room where she was raped by Abbas uncle. She woke up the next morning to find Abbas staring at her with disgust and hatred. Poor Feriha hadn't been aware of her state of undress until Abbas spat on her shoulder.

"This is how you repay my efforts? I though you had said you loved me?" Abbas cried as he watched Feriha flinch in pain. "You were a mistake that shouldn't have happened. I regret ever meeting and knowing you." His eyes were filled with so much hatred Feriha couldn't speak.

"My family members were right, you are a child of the brothel and will always remain one. I am sure my uncle offered a lot more than I could." With that he walked away, never to be seen again.

FLASHBACK OVER

Omeed wept bitterly as Feriha recounted her past, she could relate to her pain even though her life hadn't been this torturous. "From that day I made a vow to myself, no man will venture into my heart. They will pay for my every smile and time."  She said with rage.