Chapter 5

It's been two weeks since that whole fiasco. We're on break from tour, and incredibly jet lagged. We have to film Superfruit, too.

"Shaggy!!" Mitch called from the couch.

"Yes, Velma?" I replied.

"Come here and cuddle! I'm cold and lonely." Mitch pouted. I chuckled and walked over.

When I sat, he snuggled into my side and laid his head on my chest.

"Hm... I wonder why people think we're dating." He said sarcastically.

"Yeah, we act nothing like a couple. At. All." I chuckled.

Little did he know, I was actually developing feelings for my short best friend.

Mitch stood up to get more popcorn, and suddenly I heard him hiss in pain, and the couch shake a little bit.

"Mitch, are you- oh fuck." An overwhelming smell hit me and my eyes flashed red for a second.

"Scott, leave. Wait until I clean this." Mitch said, heading to the bathroom and getting a first aid kit for his scraped ankle.

I took a few deep breaths and sat on the couch, my head falling in my hands.

Don't.

Don't look at the blood on the floor.

Don't look at the blood going down his foot.

Don't think about how amazing it would feel to sink your fangs in his neck.

Don't think-

"S-Scott? W-w-what are you doing? Your eyes are scaring me." Mitch said.

I came back from my trance and saw that somehow I had trapped him against the bathroom sink with my arms at his sides.

I wanted to step away but I couldn't. I tried but my vampire side was stronger than my human side.

Without a warning, I kissed him.

I didn't do that voluntarily! My vampire side was going fucking mental.

After a few moments he kissed back. It eventually got very heated and we had to stop for air. As soon as I realized what we were doing, I stepped back and ran my hands through my hair.

"I-I'm so, so sorry. I don't know what came over me, I just-" I got cut off by him grabbing the back of my neck and putting his lips on mine. I eventually dragged him to his bedroom.

--SKIPSKIPSKIP--

A few hours later...

"So what does this make us?" Mitch asked. We were cuddling on the bed.

"Well... would you like to be my boyfriend?" I laced our fingers together.

"Of course." He nuzzled my chest.

"That is the cutest fucking thing I've ever seen." I passed my hands through his hair.

"Should we tell the rest of the band? I have a few ideas..." I said.

*****

The next day, at rehearsal, we all sat in the U-shaped couch to discuss the album art. Mitch was on my left side and Kirstie was on my right. Kevin and Avi were next to each other, and Esther and Ben were on the other side.

Mitch scooted closer to me and placed his hand on my knee.

"Okay, so what should we do? Your last album had you guys on it. Should we do that again or stick with the good old piano keys?" Ben asked.

After a lot more of talking and arranging, it was finally over.

That's when Mitch and I started.

"Scotty, I'm bored." Mitch said loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Yeah? Well I have a few ideas of what you can do..." I said looking at my phone.

"Yeah?" He got closer to me.

"Yeah..."

I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him towards me. Our lips crashed and for a second, I forgot we weren't alone in the room.

Until we heard a few squeals.

We pulled away and saw Kirstie and Esther jumping around and squealing. Kirstie suddenly walked up to Avi and Kevin.

"ITS REAL! PAY UP!" Kirstie yelled.

Avi then took out twenty bucks, Kevin doing the same.

"You guys bet on us?" I laughed.

"It was bound to happen." Esther said.

"Speaking of... When did this happen and why?!" Kirstie asked.

I thought about it for a second. "Uh... Yesterday and blood." I simply stated.

"Blood?!" They all said at the same time.

We explained, leaving out all the explicit details.

"This is going to be one hell of a ride."