Lawyers, Guns and Money - Part Two

Start from the beginning

Sirius stomped his boot-clad foot on the floor. "SNOG HER ALREADY!"

Liesel swung her arm to the side, her fist connecting with the center of Sirius' diaphragm. "OWWW! What did ya go and do that for!"

"They're having an incredibly romantic moment!"

He pointed toward them. "I can see that and they're ruining it for me!"

"Shuddup," Liesel teased as she shook her head.

Sirius leaned in and grinned as he licked his lips. "Make me," he whispered.

She moved closer toward him and leaned into him. "I can, you know."

"I'm quite aware of that," he replied staring into her eyes as he stealthily reached into her pocket for another biscuit and she raised her brows at him. He noshed on the confection and smiled. "These are really good," he chuckled as she shook her head.

"Bested by a biscuit," she said under her breath, as she reached in her pocket and withdrew a biscuit for Romulus, who'd been pawing at her hip.

"When's the wedding," Sirius cried out at having seen his best friend kiss the only girl he's ever cared for.

"James," Lily said sweetly. "May I borrow your wand? I left mine in my room."

"Of course I have it Darling, why do you want it?"

She smiled sweetly and took his wand from his fingers. "Because I'm going to set his arse on fire."

James chuckled uncomfortably as he quickly withdrew his wand from her grasp. "Ah no. Darling, I can't allow you to do that!"

"Ahhh! That's right!" Sirius exclaimed, pointing and he hopped in place excitedly. "BROS BEFORE DOES!" He gave his own girlfriend a quick glance and smiled. "That's a good one, innit? Well, isn't it?" His face fell. "You. Don't. Think. So?"

"Hey guys," Liesel asked as James and Lily approached them, holding each other's hands. "Umm, look, I'm not as emotionally invested as you two are...Umm...you want me to zap him?"

James nodded. "Yes please."

"Hey," Sirius whined, his lower lip quivering and his eyes, suddenly large and rounded.

"Your puppy dog eyes are not going to get you out of this scenario Sirius Orion Black," James said.

Liesel looked up into his sad eyes. "Orion? Really? What, your mama not like you much?"

Sirius' demeanor completely changed in an instant from playful to aggravation within a second.

"Guess not," Liesel said and looked away uncomfortably as Lily took her hand.

"That is one of the things we wanted to talk to you about."

"At least your father loves you enough to place a tracking spell upon you," Sirius said as he turned and headed out of the kitchen.

"More like he doesn't trust me, I think!"

Sirius turned on his heel. "NO!" He approached her quickly and Romulus produced a low growl halting Sirius in his tracks. "No Liesel, he loves you and I'd be willing to bet that you are the world to him. He's only trying to protect you!"

"You don't know anything about my father!"

Sirius nodded his head. "Oh, but I do! I know who he is!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"Albert J. Moody."

"Moody," James asked. "But your sir name is Rhodes?"

"My mother's name."

"And he's one hell of an auror. Only he and his brother have been successful in defeating dark wizards without a single death!"

"Blimey! Is that right!"

Sirius' eyes met with James' and he nodded. "Yeah, they're that good. I wanna be that good someday."

"Trust me, it's not all it's cracked up to be, being an auror...or the family of said auror," Liesel said flatly.

"That's how you know how to produce a Patronus, isn't it," Lily asked and Liesel nodded.

Sirius turned to face her. "Still mad at me?" He stared into her eyes and all three heard her huff. "Good I am still as well. Come on." He grabbed her hand and pulled her along toward the Great Hall.

"What! I'm not going anywhere with you! Not when you're all mad and..."

He stopped again and turned to face her. "Now look here! I know this castle and the grounds like the back of my hand. You don't! And I'll be damned if I'm going to let anything happen to you! Now, come on!"

Liesel looked over her shoulder and the smiling Prefect and her Qudditch Captain, then whistled for her dog and Romulus trotted behind them happily.

"She's good for him," Lily said.

James nodded. "Mmhmm. I think you're right."

Lily gasped and looked into his eyes. "Are we actually agreeing on something?"

James smiled and nodded as he brought her hands to his lips and kissed them shyly. "I believe we are!"

"I wonder how long she's going to stay mad at him?"

"No idea," James replied.