"You don't have to."

"I want to."

"Really, it's okay."

"No, I'm paying, Al."

"Okay..."

"Now we've all got it settled, then," Vic said. I chuckled and headed outside to climb into my best friend's car.

We all got in and Vic started driving us to Taco Bell.

"You only want Taco Bell because you're Mexican," I stated.

"That's not true."

"I think it is," I said.

"It's not."

"What do you think Alan? Is it his Mexican kicking in?"

"No."

"Yes it is."

"Not really."

"Whatever," I said and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." Vic mocked.

We soon found ourselves going through the drive thru of Taco Bell where we all argued over what we wanted and were on our way back to Vic's.

"Thanks Vic." Alan said quietly.

"It's no problem," Vic said with a smile.

He just smiled and sat quietly in the back.

Vic glanced at me. "I've got to talk to you later," he murmured.

"About what?"

"I'll tell you later."

"Okay?"

He said nothing else on the matter and continued driving back to his place. But, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Why would he say something like that and make me wait? What did he want to talk about? Was he finally going to tell me what's been going on with him?

God, I hoped so.

Once we arrived back at his place, we all settled into the living room in our respective places. Alan laid on his stomach on the ground as he ate a taco and Vic and I sat side by side on the couch as we all watched The Order of Phoenix. But, I couldn't pay attention.

"Can I know yet?" I whispered so Alan wouldn't hear.

"Not until he's asleep. This is just between us."

"Vic..."

"Don't Vic me. Just, there's a chance you're not going to like what I have to say."

"How bad is it?" 

"Just wait."

And I did, it felt like forever but Alan finally fell asleep just as Sirius died and I looked at Vic.

"So, what do you need to talk about?"

Vic bit his lip and gave me a nervous look. "I met someone... she's a sophomore at school. We uh, we're in the same music class and we've started dating."

"When did this start?" I asked, jealousy boiling inside of me.

"Well, we've been dating for about a month now but we've been talking since school started."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared you'd get mad or try to be overprotective about it like you usually are."

It was true, whenever Vic had a girlfriend or boyfriend, I got overprotective. No one was good enough for my best friend. Except for me and since that wasn't happening I was going to make sure whoever it got with was a good second.