02: I Want To Get To Know You

Jaxon

My alarm blared early in the morning, signaling that it's time to get up. I wouldn't exactly say that I hate school, because I don't. I just hate the things they make us do.

I get off my bed and walked into my bathroom. I looked at my reflection, just to make sure that I look decent. I brushed my teeth and climbed down the stairs.

"Ah, good morning Jax! Are you ready for another day of school?" My mom was always cheerful. She always finds a reason to smile and laugh.

I internally sighed. "Yeah. I am." I replied.

She narrows her eyes at me and frowns. "How many times do I have to tell you that you should stop sleeping half-naked? Go slip a shirt on." My mom lightly scolds before sitting on the chair of the dining table.

I roll my eyes and trudged up my room, grabbing a random shirt and throwing it on. I walked back down and sat on the chair.

"Bacon." I licked my lips in anticipation. Mom's bacons are the best. It's always cooked crispy and juicy. I took a strip of bacon and shoved it into my mouth, savoring the taste.

"Mhmm. It's really good." I moaned, eating more. Mom smiles brightly at my compliment, saving some at the side for dad later on when he wakes up.

I brought my plates to the sink and thanked mom for the food. I quickly took a shower and opened my closet for clothes. I threw on the first thing I saw in my closet and fixed my hair a bit.

"You gotta get going now, Jax!" Mom calls.

I frowned and quickly put my shoes on. I grabbed my phone, wallet, and car keys. On the way out of my room, I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder, jogging down the stairs.

I pecked my mom's cheek and got into my car. The engine roars with life and I started driving. I think that I got to school early, which was fine. I parked my car in the less crowded area and locked it.

"Jaxon, you're early today, mate." Zane, my friend, comments. I turn around and saw him get out of his Porshe. He slams the door close and faintly smiles.

"You're quite early too. How's your class?" I questioned.

Zane frowns, scratching the back of his head. "Eh... The girls were staring at me. I found it extremely irritating and creepy. How's your class?" He asks in return.

I thought about it for a moment before answering his question, "I find one girl really intriguing." I stated with a smile.

Zane's eyebrows rose and he gives me a teasing smile. "It's the first time I've ever heard you say that. How's she like?" He asks as we walked into the campus.

Like yesterday, there were students, mainly girls, pointing at us. Some were squealing and some were greeting us. Of course, we greet them back.

"First off, she's really beautiful. She's got this smile that makes you want to smile. Second, she doesn't fuss about any of us. She's a chill person, and I like that." I said.

Zane smirks. "What's the chick's name?" He inquires, looking around. My eyes followed his and I immediately grinned once I spot her.

"Celeste. Her name's Celeste." I mumbled.

She was with Ava. Her hair looked perfect, just like her. Her eyes were shining brightly and her lips were curled up into a subtle smile. Her rosy cheeks were lifted as she smiles and speaks.

"Celeste... Is that her?" Zane asks, pointing towards Celeste. I glared at him and smacked his finger down. Who knows what the two girls might think if they see us pointing at them?