Chapter 2 - Suspicions

The two walked out onto the long winding street, filled with students of all ages walking to school. "So do you see anyone who is in your class Hana?" Shi asked while holding Hana's hand tightly, Not letting her go. "Uhmmm...Nope" She replied as she skipped along side Shi. Hana continued skipping along side shi, until they reached the alley way down the side of a couple of shops, not far from the school. This was the siblings usual shortcut in the mornings - though it wouldn't be safe for Hana to walk down alone. Shi would always have to be there to protect her. Everything was fine until the pair spotted several police cars, surrounded by cops hidden in the alley way. "What are the police men doing, big brother?" 

"I don't know pumpkin" Shi lied. He knew exactly what they were doing and why they were here. "Morning you two" One of the police officers says "There was a terrible incident that occurred here last night, It wouldn't be safe to bring a child down here..." Shi looked at the officer. "Do you think i cant protect her? Is that what your saying?" Shi growled. The officer wasn't being rude and didn't mean to offend Shi "W-What?! N-No not at all! Im just saying it wouldn't be a good idea to bring a child down here because of the incident that happened here last night. Im sure you heard about it on news" Shi thought about what he heard this morning then remembered the story about the rapist. Shi covered Hana's ears because he didn't want her to hear this. "So what did happen last night" Shi looked at the officer waiting for a reply "Well...Early this morning we got a call down at the station. A terrified woman told us about the horrific sight she saw" Shi was getting a little impatient "Just tell me what happened" Hana was sad that Shi covered her ears but she soon giggled to herself and got happy again when she looked at how small her shoes were.

"A woman called and told us about the body she found. We got this call at 5AM, We came down here with professional and they ran some tests. They told us the young woman was raped then had her throat slit. She died during the rape because of a heart attack. I guess the murderer slit her throat to make sure the job was done right. Oh i didn't tell you how old the young woman was...She was 7 Years old" Shi's eyes widened in shock and held Hana close to him, Still covering her ears. Shi would never let anything like that happen to Hana so why should he worry? He had no reason to. "T-Thank you for telling me about it officer" Shi was tempted to go down the alley way still but he didn't want Hana to see anything like that. He uncovered Hana's ears "Come on pumpkin. We're going the long way today" Hana looked confused but She grabbed Shi's hand tight and listened to him "Oh...Okay big brother"