CHAPTER 4. Young, Beautiful, Smart and yet Clueless.

CHAPTER 4.

Aksana was walking in the hallway returning to her bedroom when she saw a door half open. It was a door that looked just like the one of her bedroom. Curiosity rose through her and she approached the door quietly.

She opened it a tad more to check if anyone was in there, the room was empty so she took the opportunity to enter. The room was bigger than hers and filled with paintings. The bed in the middle, was quite large with white bed sheets and gold colored pillows. Long beige curtains hung over the large windows.

In the corner there was a desk filled with books and novels.

Hung on the wall was a big painting of Mathias and another man, a gorgeous man. As Aksana approached it to get a better look someone behind her said "Interested in the painting?" A man's voice, a little annoyed.

Aksana turned quickly, stumbling on her feet.

The man didn't bother helping her.

"I'm sorry for invading your privacy, I was just looking" Aksana said nervously.

"What's your name?" He asked casually.

"Aksana"

His eyes opened wide. "So you're the famous princess." He said a little astonished.

Aksana just stood there 'Why does every one know who I am?' She asked herself.

"I'm Felix" He said, holding out his hand for her to shake.

It took her a few seconds to react, but she shook his hand in the end. His hand was soft and smooth.

He had beautiful shiny black messy hair that fell over his eyes when he moved his head. Emerald green eyes with sharp features and pale skin. He was tall and well built and he smelled really good.

Aksana couldn't help but stare.

"I see you've met my brother" A voice interrupted her thoughts.

They both turned to see who it was. Mathias. He looked so tired, there were black circles around his eyes, his hair was more of a mess than how it was earlier and his lips looked dry.

Felix and Mathias exchanged glances and Felix nodded and left the room without saying another word to either of them.

Mathias walked towards Aksana until he was only inches away from her.

"Your highness, are you alright? You seem exhausted." Aksana asked, worried.

He didn't answer, all he did was stare at her.

There was an awkward silence between the both of them when she broke the silence by repeating the same question.

This time, he lifted his hand and rested it on her cheek, caressing it.

"You're a beautiful girl you know that don't you?" He said, staring into her eyes.

Aksana, a little shocked stuttered over words made absolutely no sense. She was so nervous, he was so gorgeous and he was just inches away that she could feel his sweet breath on her face.

They just stood there, staring at each other and smiles spread across both of their faces.

His hand was slipping but she prevented it from doing so by putting her hands over it to hold it in place.

He inched a little closer, about to kiss her until someone knocked on the door, interrupting the moment. They both broke from each other's touch, moving a few steps away from each other.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted anything. But this IS my room." Felix said, irritated.

"Yes of course, our apologies brother. We'll be leaving instantly." Mathias said, smiling. He was walking towards the door with Aksana following her till he stopped him by saying "Mathias, if you don't mind, I would like to speak to you for a few minutes. Excuse us princess." He said without emotion in his voice.

Aksana left the room quickly walking back to her room. 'He was so close' Aksana thought hastily. 'Why did Felix have to interrupt the moment?'

She changed to the night gown she found put on the couch for her and cuddled up in bed. Falling asleep as soon as she put her head to the pillow, she was exhausted, and it HAS been a long day.

"Mathias, what were you thinking?!" Felix yelled after shutting the door.

Ironically, Mathias wasn't thinking at all.

"Look at me!" He boomed.

Mathias's head snapped up, his face saddened.

"I can't help myself, she's just so -"

"So what? She's not meant for you Mathias. And on top of that you know mother and father have already arranged a marriage for you" Felix said, cutting him off.

Mathias looked down "It's not fair.. " He said in a small voice.

Felix put his hand on his shoulder and rubbed it trying to comfort him.

"Brother, I don't know what's happening to me. I barely know Aksana but when I'm around her it feels so right. Like we belong with each other." Mathias said sadly.

Felix looked away, trying to ignore this.

"Mathias..Stop this idiocy this instant. What would father think? And Kasandra... She loves you so much. She would be devastated if she knew how you felt" He said.

Mathias considered that for a while "Yes, you're right. Thank you brother for your help." He gave him a quick brotherly hug and left the room.

Felix sighed, falling back on the bed 'She has beautiful eyes and soft skin and the most beautiful smile ever' Felix thought, smiling to himself.

'I feel quite bad for what's going to happen to her and the things she's going to go through in a few weeks. It won't be pleasant and she'll get hurt' Felix frowned.

'She looked so innocent and has gone through so much already.. Clueless of what's coming. I don't want her to get hurt...' Sadness ran through Felix's veins.

As he continued to think about her he was slowly drifting to sleep until he fell soundly asleep.

"Mathias? Is that you?" Asked Kassandra in a sleepy voice after hearing footsteps in the dark.

"Yes my love. I'm sorry to wake you" He said kissing her forehead. She smiled.

"Are you okay? You seem.. different, rigid." She asked in a worried tone. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm just a little tired that's all. It's been a long day, and I need some sleep." He said removing his clothes only to be left in a pare of shorts and sliding in under the blankets beside Kassandra.

He gave her a quick peck on the lips and held her close closing his eyes and falling into deep sleep.

Should I continuee? Or stopp?

VOTE AND COMMENT :) Please