The truth

Blood oozed out like water flows. Screams of pain scorched my ears. Klaus gritted his teeth trying his best to hide his pain.

"I'll be fine Caroline, just go." His voice sounded strained. He clearly wasn't alright. The dagger that Tyler had stabbed him with was laced with Selton, it would kill him!

"Don't lie to me Klaus I know what the dagger will do to you!"

"I don't want you to watch me die!" he said sweetly. I never understood how his words could mean the most cruel things, but never sound hurtful.

"I don't care! If you're going to die, I'm going to be right here with you. I'll sit here till the last breath falls from your life." Tears stung my eyes.

Why did this hurt so much! I should hate Klaus! His death should lighten the weight on my shoulders, not pile bricks on them.

"He's a monster! Stop crying!" I tried to convince myself, but I knew my words were lies.

He's no more of a monster than any of us. He's just had longer to live, therefor his wrongs pile. Right?

I cup my hand over his face. He feels warm. I stare into his eyes and he stares back at mine. I'd never been this close to him before. His golden eyes glistened with tears. He blinks hard and looks up, trying not to let them fall. Then there's silence for a moment.

He hollers once again in pain. His back flys forward like a possesion is processing and he begins to sweat. I can't help it. I let out a cry that couldn't be contained watching the horror infront of me.

"Caroline, it's only going to get worse. I'm going to start saying things, I won't be able to control myself. I might....I might hurt you Caroline."

"I don't care."

"But, I do!" He managed to get out under his gritted teeth.

"Why?" I start. "You've hurt me before!"

He stared deep into my eyes. And for a second I saw regret.

"I know." he frowned. "And believe me love, I am so sorry. It kills me knowing what I've done to you. It hurts more than it did to see you with Tyler Lockwood."

A rush blew over me with each word. What did he mean?

"It hurt to see me with Tyler?"

He paused. He looked into my eyes searching for the right words.

"Of course it did. I'd call myself jealous of the fool."

"Why?"

"Because he had what I could never find."

"And what is that?"

"The way to make you happy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank for reading

Love to you all <3