The Sun Will Rise

Percy

Well it was on October when I got it. But still. I got a CD from a thing called A Great Big World.

I thanked him and said I'd listen later. And my parents weren't home or anything. Alex went to hang out with a friend. So I open my YouTube and their YouTube comes up that they mentioned my account in a playlist. A Great Big World did. So I open up a video and it's called Cheer Up. It was a song, and the lead singer of this whole thing:

Alex.

He wrote a whole album for me for my birthday and in hopes that when I listen to this it'll help me through what I'm going through.

Him and his friend went viral in 3 days.

Yeah.

A week later Ellen interviewed him.

Ellen.

I couldn't go because I had a date with Nico that day, but the date Nico was taking me on:

A live showing of America's Favorite Lesbian, Ellen 사랑해.

So that's how that went.

The show was amazing, it was great. After that Nico and I 사랑해 out to eat and we headed to camp for the night. Hazel at Camp Jupiter, we were at Camp Jupiter.

Everything went nice a year went by, I had graduated, 18 years old. My parents had announced their engagement that summer.

Zeus was a little upset that Poseidon was marrying a mortal and that it'd make me immortal along with my mother and Alex. The whole immortal thing happens later, though.

My mother was wearing my grandma's wedding dress that was a sleeveless white tea length dress, white heels again that were my grandma's, and a little tiara that was her own. The news was huge, Poseidon was getting married, but they never announced who to. Most of Olympus was invited, most demigods.

So I was there wearing my blue mint button up shirt with black dress pants, black suspenders, and a black bowtie. As mandatory to wear considering I was my dad's best man. Nico wore the same as one of the groomsmen. Tyson was first in line, Nico second, Alex 3rd, I was best man.

It was a beautiful ceremony, Apollo announced everything and as I said, it went great. The reception was interesting, although before the reception was coronation for my mother, Alex and I, and then Tyson because he never officially got it done.

My mom did have to change out of the wedding dress which was fine, she still looked beautiful, and a few special guests showed up to coronation

Grandma and Grandpa. With two others Mom's age and then the woman mom's age had a boy and a girl, the girl my age, the boy my age. The guy had 4 girls with him. 10, 12, 14, and 16 it seemed.

Neither of us noticed this until they all approached us yelling my mom's name. Dad in a peaceful discussing with with Hades. Tyson with his girlfriend. Nico was here. Somewhere. I don't know where. But somewhere.

"Hi?" Mom said and then recognized who it was.

We all almost cried, it got just a little emotional.

And the guy, my cousin, Luke looks at me.

"Why do you guys get to wear crowns and we don't?"

Mom was showing her parents and siblings around, we're left with our cousin's.

"You really didn't get the memo did you?" Alex questioned.

"Its a party, what memo?" The 16 year old, Reyna asked.

Aren't the names great?

The 14 year old was Bianca.

Yeah.

"Its a ceremony," I told them," a coronation ceremony."

"Coronation?" Bianca asked," who? Just you two or like... What makes you royalty and not us?"

"Marriage," Alex answered," or like..."

"My mom, so your aunt," I explained, " and Alex here are considered royalty through marriage. Me and my other half brother Tyson are by bloodline from our dad."

"But not your dad?" The girl my age, Silena asked.

"We have different dad's," Alex further explained," were a year apart. I wasn't totally planned."

"We're you planned?"

"Probably not," I was honest," I mean... One of the two of us were. I don't know which one of us. We haven't died yet, that's all I'm counting for."

"I mean... That is a good thing to he alive," Luke couldn't disagree," I'm trying to find something to contradict that and I can't... "

"I said the same thing," my older brother assured.

"When? You guys live together?"

"I was missing for 5 years," Alexander tells our relatives.

"And they were the worst five of my life, and not because he was gone. Well that, too. I'm not heartless."

We continue talking and Alexander is pulled off to the side leaving me and them and a few of them notice I'm not using their names.

"We do have names, you know," Silena told me. It was spelled Silena. Just like the daughter of Aphrodite.

"I know, you told me them."

"So use them." Bianca points out.

"What if I don't want to?"

"Its not like you're ever going to meet another Silena with an I in it," Luke told me, and Luke was blond with blue eyes. But no scar and he wasn't old enough. Or a demigod, " or a Bianca. Like...Reyna I see you knowing one. But honestly we have names. We can remind you of them if need be. Sorry your God damn Highness."

And there is was.

"Don't..." I tried to explain as my mood let down, " I don't use them as a way to seem rude, I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as this guy with a huge ego and fancy as all hell because I'm not. Sorry, I don't call everyone by their first names for different reasons and just... I have a reason, okay?"

Because I was calling them by their middle names, yes.

"Oh, this should be good," Reyna retorted," what is it?"

I pull up my sleeves, exposing my dates tattoo.

"This is the day Alex was taken," I explained and move down one at a time," this was the day Bianca died, this was the day Marina died, this was the day Luke killed himself and Silena died the same week, and this is when Reyna attempted suicide and knocked herself into a coma that she has yet to come out of."

I pull my sleeve back down.

"I prefer to not discuss death and things I associate with it," I explained to them," why I use your middle names."