I'm Home...

Percy

I stood outside the door.

You haven't seen your parents in a year, I reminded myself.

It was hesitant, I wasn't sure if I should do it or not.

I mean, they might think I'm dead. Its 3:45 in the morning, they sent everyone away as soon as the battle ended. They won't probably won't hear me but I lost my key a long time ago when I had amnesia.

Knock, knock, knock.

For a minute I stood there. They'd be sleeping. I'd probably be here until 6 AM when Paul wakes up for work, and not even then because it's Saturday.

Suddenly the door swung open, to the view of my step-father, wearing sweatpants as he normally does when he sleeps. His eyes closed, rubbing the sleep out of one of them.

"It's almost 4-"

Then he saw me.

"Hi."

For a moment the middle aged male just stared at me before realizing that it was me.

"Sally!" Paul yelled back to their bedroom.

Here comes my mother, wearing a tank top and shirts. She had gained a small amount of weight, just enough to show. Her hair was a mess. But she did just wake up.

"Who's here?" She asked as I heard her walk down the hall and become visible and Paul let me inside. Closing the door behind me.

"P..." My mom stuttered," Per... Percy?"

I smiled at my mom.

"I'm home."

She hurried over and enveloped me in a hug long overdue that I gladly returned.

For a minute that's what it was. Paul did give me a hug, too. He was more of a dad than my own, after all. And we all sat down with coffee.

I was wearing a sweater and decided to take it off.

"What on Earth...?" Mom noticed," what did you do your arm? Its covered in black stuff."

I showed her the SPQR tattoo I received from Camp Jupiter.

"A tattoo? You're 17."

"Before you get mad," I started off, seeing it ticked off Paul as well," I explained nothing in that voicemail."

"Well duh," my mom is very sarcastic and straight forward when she's tired and just waking up," what happened? You were gone for a year? You called once. Off a payphone from Alaska."

"I woke up in California," I explained," I didn't have anything on me really. The apartment key, like $5, and Riptide. I knew absolutely nothing. I didn't know my name, where I was from. Amnesia. You can blame Hera. She's the one who started all of this and out me there. Eventually I found a place like Camp Half-Blood but it wasn't like a different location of it, it was a Roman Camp. A god found me and brought me, I still don't remember what one and announced my dad was Neptune, the Roman equivalent of Poseidon and like Camp Half-Blood when I first was claimed almost everyone hated me. Met two really nice demigods. Nico's apparent little sister Hazel who's from the 40s and Frank who's the son of Mars. Reyna was there, we met her when we were 14 once and never saw her again. She said she knew me. And then Nico, piece of crap he was claimed we didn't know each other after I asked if we had and three of us, Hazel, Frank, and I were sent to Alaska to retrieve this thing that was stolen from then like 80 years ago and that was when I got my memory back and called you guys, resisted hurting Nico when we got back, there was a battle and this huge, dead serious, flying boat showed up and down came Annabeth, who judo flipped me on sight, and 3 other kids. Thalia's little brother and then a daughter of Aphrodite and a son of Hephaestus who built the thing. Apparently with the new prophecy we were the 7 supposed to go to Greece and stop Gaea and so we left and then Nico went missing and we found him in like Kentucky or something being abducted my giants and so he was doing horribly and still kind of hated everyone as Nico does and Annabeth went off on her own quest for her mom to get the Athena Parthenos and when she finished we were in Rome and we met up and a hole oped up beneath us and she fell down and grabbed my ankle and dragged me down and we fell into Tartarus in July and got out in Greece a few weeks later and got to Epirus and with the help of a few gods we beat the Giants and put Gaea back to sleep and we got back yesterday and there was a civil war between the Roman and Greek Camp and Nico and Reyna got back with the statue and it helped a little bit there was still fighting and people died and that ended last night and there was a series of fights and then they sent us home."

They nod their heads, taking that in and both ask.

"Tartarus?"

"Where monsters and immortals go when they eventually die." I explained," Kronos, Misery, we ran into a few other Titans I think, um... Hellhounds, empousi, of the like. We didn't run into Kronos. Bob. He was nice. Iaptus. Bob. Same dude. Misery was just..."

"She what?" Paul asked me.

"I poisoned her. She had messed up something with Annabeth. It wasn't her vision, that was somebody else. It only lasted so long. I discovered scary things. Such as I can control poison and the amount of poison in things. The whole tattoo was the Roman Camp. They don't give out bead necklaces. They force you a tattoo on like your third day there."

With that said and done we all went to bed and I woke up around 10, both Mom and Paul were awake. During at the table, talking.

"He just got back," my mom reasoned.

"He's going to notice in a week anyways," Paul reasoned back.

"Notice what?" I asked out of curiousity.

"Percy, hi, good morning," my mother greeted me," sorry, we didn't hear you wake up."

"That fine," I assure her," but what would I notice in a week?"

Paul and my mom shared a look and told me to sit down.

Was I terrified?

I thought somebody else died.

Or worse:

They were getting divorced.

"We found out in June," my mother told me.

So no divorce.

"Okay," I was terrified.

My mom takes both of my hands and looks at me.

"Percy, you're going to be an older brother."