Chapter 13: History

Start from the beginning

"Gay debut? You do know I'm Bi, right? There's a difference," I explained slurredly with a chuckle.

"Whatever. You know what I mean. Which guy would you do if you had the chance to?" she asked again rephrasing the question. 

I didn't really think about it, but the face of the guy that barely came to class floated into my mind. With his soft looking lips, doped up smile, dark eyes that were blue sometimes and grey the next, he was what people would call 'alluring'. I'm pretty sure he was just your regular stoner guy, butI liked his face; sue me.

"Hmf. That's a tough one," I said already knowing my answer. "I mean you're mighty cute too Shelby." 

"Oh haha, I'm not a guy. Come on. Spit it out," she commanded haughtily. 

"Maybe, Blake Arons?" I answered and watched as her and other people's mouth drop. 

"EEEHHH??!!"

-----------------------

Talk about nostalgic. I even recall the first time I spoke to him after that got out.

Stepping out of the bathroom stall from the boys bathroom at school, I walked right into Blake, whom was nursing a black eye. He turned to look at me, and I ogled at him before giving him an awkward nod. I wondered if maybe he was also getting affected by what I had said.

He beat me to the punch. "I heard you like me," Blake stated looking at me through the mirror above the sink. "What? You clamming up?" He rolled up the sleeves of flannel shirt up to his elbow to wash his face.

"I mean, 'like' is still such a strong word for a person you don't really know," I answered trying to evade the question. Not sure why. I would have gotten with him in a heart beat, if he had shown any interest right then. "I would wanna take you out on a date though."

Blake scoffed and sent me a dopey grin. "A date? Well aren't you a gentleman. What would two guys do on a date?" the thought sounded genuinely coming from him.

He shook his head with smirk, "either way, try not to go around professing your love for me too much, will ya? My girlfriend might get jealous or worst," he said patting my chest with a hand. Looking down at the hand, that somewhat stroked my chest, he whispered, "she is a bit closed minded and wouldn't be a good pain in the ass."

I gulped and his grin widen before he just calmly walked back out of the bathroom. Running a hand through my hair, I steadied my racing pulse. Ha! Indeed. Blake was even sexier in person.

My head tried to wrap itself around what he had said. No matter how you put it, he had given me a warning. 

Even after our talk, I found myself speaking to him more occasionally since we did share some classes together. Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part, but I did feel a tad closer to him. He was basically treating me as a friend…but there were times that I thought he was looking at me in 'that' way too.

I didnt push the matter nor did tried to make a move on him. I at least respect the fact that he had a girlfriend. Even when said girlfriend, Susan, would send me quiet death stares.

Just being associated with Susan was a lot of trouble on its own. Susan Piorelle was the chairman's daughter, and on the downlow, she also sold random drugs; oxytocin and the like.

The girlfriend of one of the wealthiest hiers in our school was a mini drug dealer for bored rich kids. It was then that I knew that Blake Arons was probably using too. It wasn't just weed.

In any case, everyone knew that they were engaged by arrangement. That's what elites did. They married their own.

-------------------