XXXIV|Clarisse

More like photo of hormonal dreams.
______________________________________

The trials were done by 3, and Amber had left for her shift at work at around 4.

When Michael still wasn't home by the time it was 5:30 and the Olympic trials were far gone, I grabbed some of the spare cash he had lent me more than a month ago, my phone and beige handbag, got dressed in a simple white crop top, wedges, and beige chinos, and walked to the nearest Starbucks.

It gave me a good chance to think about how to approach him.

The chilly AC air hit me as I walked into the cozy little coffee shop, and waited in line at the counter.

I pulled out my phone, and turned on the cellular data.

Suddenly, my phone started having a seizure. The buzzing in my hands made me feel as if I was holding a fucking swarm of bees, and the background applications started crashing, causing the whole mobile to freeze and turn into a black screen.

I huffed in annoyance as I gave it a minute to cool down before switching it on again.

I opened Whatsapp and found 50 messages, 17 from Nathan, 3 from Michael, 2 from Conor, 8 from Ryan, and 20 from Nyssa.

Nate: OH

Nate: MY

Nate: LORD

Nate: THE FEEEEELSS

Nate: THAT'S IT

Nate: ThAT's FuCKinG IT

Nate: YOU'RE GOING TO MARRY HIM

Nate: BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T

Nate: I WILL

Nate: GURL

Nate: HE WAS EMBARRASSED TO ADMIT THAT HE PISSED IN THE POOL

Nate: BUT HE ADMITTED HIS LOVE FOR YOU

Nate: ON THE FUCKING NBC

Nate: IF YOU LISTEN CLOSELY YOU CAN HEAR ME CRYING IN THE DISTANCE

Nate: I'LL BE CUDDLING A BABY PHELPS SOON

Nate: MAKE ME THE FUCKING GODFATHER

Nate: GOTTA GO TOO MANY FEELS

I bit back a snort, seeing as the other customers wouldn't exactly like it if I turned into a man in front of their eyes. I moved slowly along the line, hitting send on a single, 'We'll see', before opening Ryan's contact.

Ryan: I'm sorry.

Ryan: I had been an asshole before.

Ryan: I want to make it up to you.

Ryan: I can help you with the Michael issue.

Ryan: Or..

Ryan: If you really hate him right now, I can help you punch him.

Ryan: Then I can ask you out on a date.

Ryan: You're single, right?!

I rolled my eyes, and texted back.

Me: Apology accepted, yes you were, it's alright, I appreciate it, thanks but no thanks, no, and no.

That guy basically just apologized and then tried to hit on me, proving me right when I say that he's a douchebag.