X|Michael

I didn't get it.

He's such an arse sometimes. Just throws in a few words that he knows will spark my curiosity, and then leaves me to ponder about them and go crazy.

You know what? I'm not even going to think about it this time. I won't grant him the satisfaction.

I found Clare sitting down on the couch again, looking at my phone with her head tilted in a very innocent way.

She heard my footsteps (how can she not, 6'4" human over here) and looked up at me with bright eyes filled with curiosity.

"Mike, what is this?" she carefully held up the phone, sensing that it was fragile and could break any second.

"That, my dear Clare, is a phone," I pointed out.

"Back when I had a house, phones looked so much different."

"Yeah, well this is a smartphone. You can call, take a picture, text your friends, listen to music, and so many other cool stuff. I'll show you someday," and I mentally noted to buy her a smartphone.

"Okay," she smiled, as I took a seat next to her.

"Would you like to go shopping with me after a while?"

"Sure thing, but what are we supposed to do now?" she cocked her at me.

"Well, it's obvious really," I shrugged, "We cuddle."

And with a lazy smile on her face, she snuggled closely into my side, making a smile break out on my lips.

"You make me feel so safe, Mike," she mumbled with a contented smile.

And to say that it warmed up my heart would be an understatement.

I kissed the top of her head, "Thank you for cooking. I was too lazy anyways," I chuckled, "Plus, you proved your point. You really are a much better cook."

"Tell me something I don't already know," she smirked confidently.

I narrowed my eyes jokingly at her.

"Take that back or else-"

"Or else what?" she crossed her arms.

"I'll.. TICKLE YOU!"

And I jumped at her, fluttering my hands at her sides, causing her to erupt in musical laughter.

"Do you take it back? Or are you thirsty for more?" I asked, poking her neck. Surprisingly, she was tickilish there, I had found that out.

She gasped between infectious giggles, "I surrender, I surrender!"

I leaned over her body so that I was nose to nose with her. Being with her was just so.. natural. Almost like an instinct.

"Tell me that I'm a better cook," I smirked at her.

"Sorry, I'm not into lying," she narrowed her eyes at me.

Ouch. I think I got the hint.

I decided to dodge the subject with a simple, "Good point."

In our position now, I could see that her eyes weren't just an electrifying blue; they had silver specks in them, and her irises were surrounded by a ring of deep blue.

Her eyes are so..beautiful.

"Thank you," she smiled gently at me.

"What?"

"You said that out loud."

"Oh, okay. Didn't lie now, did I?" I shrugged, still pinning her arms down.