IX|Michael

Dedicated to alleybug1200  and salmasaeed2002 , my top two favorite fans. Love your enthusiasm!
____________________________________
"Mike?"

"Mhm?"

She rolled on my lap (it was a little painful, mind you–she doesn't really care where she kicks) and faced me, with an adorably innocent look on her face.

"Can you let me please cook?"

"Clare, I don't want to tire you out, the doctor said that you have to get enough rest this week," I sighed.

"Please Mike, I want to rival your cooking skills," she smirked at me.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"If you insist. Just don't blow up the kitchen," I smirked.

"But seriously, don't hesitate to call on me if you need any help, okay?"

She nodded, and skipped off to the kitchen. Man, I was starting to rub off on her.

I pulled out my phone and found a few texts from Ryan Lochte, AKA my dope best friend.

9:35AM: Hey man why did you skip practice today and yesterday?

12:20PM: This is definitely not like you.

12:48PM: Why the hell aren't you answering my texts?

I checked the time, and now it was 3:13PM.

Shit.

3:14PM: Sorry man didn't turn on WiFi tho. I'm okay, just wanted a couple of days' rest.

3:15PM: Too late. I'm outside your house.

Double shit.

I really don't think that Clare would approve of Ryan coming over.

I was about to run and inform her in the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

"Stay where you are Clare, I'm getting the door," I yelled.

As I opened the door, Ryan looked at me with his hands on his hips cocked to the side. I rubbed my back nervously as he walked past me into the living room.

His hair was dyed blonde, but that wasn't what shocked me. What did shock me was the fact that he drove over here without causing a road accident. That was a first.

"So, Mike," he started as he shuffled to the couch, "what's up with the "wanting a couple of days' rest"? 'Cause I personally see that it's all a load of bullshit," he rolled his eyes.

He accidentally kicked the two pillows on the floor, and his head shot back up as fast as lightening.

A smirk grew so wide on his face I thought it might crack.

"Phelps, ya nasty, what've you been doing these past few days? Lemme rephrase that–with whom?"

I groaned, "Reezy, I haven't 'done' anyone," I placed air quotations with a roll of my eyes, trying to think up of any sort of lie I could find, "I just-"

"Hey, Mike, where did you place the salt and pepper shakers?"

I almost banged my head on the coffee table. Damn you Clare, you were in a terrible mood all day and now is when you decide to speak up?!

I smiled weakly at her, "Beside the stove and next to the microwave."

I reluctantly faced Ryan with his devilish expression.