Chapter four - America

Sitting next to Hammond while he's driving my favourite car which is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS is greet but I wanted my dad to be sitting driving my favourite car "your dad said you like to name his cars, what have you named this one?" He asked "I named him Speedy" I replied "that's a nice name for a car that is very fast" but he started to notice that I wasn't myself "what's wrong?" He asked looking at my all puzzled "nothing, just thrilled to be in America" I said trying to cover up the sadness, shock and excitement " well if it would make you even more excited we are nearly home" with a big grin on his face I just nodded and carried on looking out the window. As we approached the big gates which led in to our house I was feeling exited but a bit nervous, driving up the long stretch of road to the mansion which we live was delightful when we arrived at the front I ran out to the castle like door and found it was open so I ran in to the house yelling "dad!" I couldn't find him and then it hit me walking in to the sitting room I found the TV was on and it was showing the plane in the river I sat down on the big, wide and soft sofa and watched it, it was heartbreaking but I heard a cough "dad?" I said sounding a little scared no answer I thought he might be outside so I walked to the big double doors where I found him sitting there looking down "dad" I said walking through the big double doors and on to the cold concrete to where he was sitting "hi bubba" he said turning his head to look at me he put his arms out wide and I walked quickly in to them "I love you" I whispered in his ear " love you too".

The next morning i walked downstairs to the kitchen where you were reading the newspaper "good morning Cathy love" he said "morning dad" and at that moment the phone rang "I'll get it" dad said and run off to the phone I didn't really hear the conversation that well but I heard swearing echoing from down the hall and that told me it wasn't good news and then the phone was thrown across the room and it hit the door leading out to the garden he came in, sat down and didn't say anything "dad" I asked nervously  "yes" he replied in a friendly manner " you do release I'm proud of what you did" " I know you are" he said with a smile "what are you doing today?" He asked "I was going to go in the pool" "ok I guess think I will join you" he said. After breakfast I walked upstairs to get my swimming costume on just as I was about to run back downstairs dad grabbed me and sat me on the bed "Cathy, you do realise what I'm going through,right?" He said bending down to my height "yes I do, dad and you keeping it a secret from me was a good idea because it's wasn't I found out because something in my head told me and I'm just as fed up as you are, I know it's hard but we've got to keep fighting dad but no matter what happens I'll always love you" " I know we're in this together, god if mum could see you now she wouldn't believe what's just come out your mouth, you big girl" he said smiling at me "God I love you" he said hugging me. So as father and daughters do we ran downstairs and jumped in the pool " excuse me!" Dad said looking rather confused "when did you learn how to swim so good?" " from you silly" " yes I must of taught you well" "you did" I said smiling up on him trying not to laugh he swam over to me and held him in his arms " never get older" he demanded getting my wet hair out of my face "wait there" as he sat me on the watery stone to the swim up bar he got out and went inside. An hour later he came out in a waiters outfit and stood behind the bar " would you care for a drink madam?" He said all serious "yes please" I said giggling "what would you like?" "Please may I have a coke" "of course" he said I was laughing so hard at this point "here you are" "thank you" I said trying so hard not to laugh "has it been a rough day?" I couldn't answer I was just laughing. "I see you have finished you're drink, would madam like me to accompany you round the pool?" He asked very poshly " yes please" I said so he made his way out of the swim up bar and as he was approaching the side of the pool I realised he hadn't gone inside to get changed but instead he did a glamorous drive in to the pool and picked me up and carried me round the pool "Cathy" he said "would you like to have dinner on the beach?" "Yes please" I said "ok let's go and have a shower and I'll meet you down there" "ok" I said and I ran up the stairs.

7:00pm I was getting ready to go downstairs when the maid walked in " miss hanks" she began "would you like me to do your hair?" "Yes please" I said and she began. 7:09pm I was walking down the stairs, out of the doors and on to the soft grass where I was instructed to o go through the little gate and there was my dad in his suit with a bowtie and I walked up to him "you like amazing, where's my little girl gone" "she's still here, daddy" I replied. After dinner we walked on to a the pier, sat down and looked out over the sea to where the lights were glistening off the calm and peaceful water I looked at my dad and he looked at me " I've missed America" I said " me too" he also said. The next morning dad came in to my room with sweat, fear and sadness "Cathy"
he said "I've got to go to a press conference today" .....