24

I'm spelling peacefully when I feel a shaking on my shoulder.

"Mark. Mark. Wake up."  I hear Lexie's soft voice say.
"What."  I groan, rolling over.
"I want sushi." 
"You want sushi. Wait, are any sushi places open at this time?  What time is it anyway?"  I ask, reaching for my phone.

It taunts me with the early time of 3:19 am.

"Lex, it's 3 in the morning."  I say.
"Oh. I can wait, I guess."  Lexie says, laying back down.
"No, I'll find sushi."  I say getting out of bed.

I go over to the phone and dial the local sushi bar.
"Hi, I'd like to order for deliver, please."  I say to the person.
"Yes. What you want?"  The Japanese woman says in broken English.
"One spicy tuna maki, Inari sushi, edamame, a spider maki, and yellow fin sashimi please." 
"Okay. 30 minute. That 52 dollar.  Cash or credit." 
"Credit. My card should be on file."  I say.
"Okay. Thank you." 

"Okay Lexie. Sushi will be here in 30 minutes. So shall we talk baby names?"  I ask. 
"Oh yeah!  How about Annabel for a girl?" 
"No. Too girly. Elizabeth, and Lizzy for a nickname?"
"I like that!  Okay, if it's a boy, what about Luke or Christopher?"  Lexie suggests.
"Those names are good. What about Alexandra, or Alexander? We could cut it down to Alex for short, for either name. Or Isabella? What about Gregory for a boy?" I suggest.
"I've always loved the name Isabella. Alexandra and Alex sound good. Not big on Gregory but I like it better than Luke." Lexie says.
"Wait, your full name is Alexandra, isn't it?" I say.
"Oh yeah. That's funny. I didn't think about that. We could also name it Mark if it's a boy. I do happen to love that name." I say smiling and teasing Mark.

We hear a nick at the door. I get up and I see a shorter Asian man standing there with a brown bag. I hand him some money for the food, plus a decent tip, and bring the food into the kitchen.
"Sushi is here, Lex." I say, unloading the bag. Lexie comes running into the kitchen and takes a set of chopsticks and starts digging into the massive quantity of food we ordered.

I go make sure nobody paged either of us since the shift ended a few hours ago, nothing happened while we were home, thankfully. That means the interns and residents are at least slightly competent.

When I get back into the kitchen, Lexie has already eaten more than half of the food.

"So I take it this kid likes sushi." I say sitting down.
"Huh?" Lexie asks with her mouth full of food. "Oh yeah. Sushi. The kid must like it. I can't wait to find out the gender." Lexie says, taking another bite of the spicy tuna roll.
"Speaking of, do you want to find out, or do you want to wait? People are going to ask, and once Meredith knows, hen Derek knows which means he'll tell me, and Meredith will tell Cristina who will probably accidentally blurt it out to April who will tell Jackson and the rest of the interns and residents." I say.
"I do, but I don't want to tell them." Lexie says.
"That sounds good. So neither of us will tell Meredith or Derek, right?" I say, making sure to clarify.
"Right. But Addison is the doctor on the case. She'll want to tell people." Lexie says.
"I'll talk to her about not saying anything." I say.
(Side note: I know doctors aren't supposed to tell other people about patients, but for the sake of the story I'm doing this).