Nineteen

"Are you sure you still want to go to this party?" I ask Jessie as she ruffles through her closet looking for something to wear "I mean it probably won't be fun for us"

"Why wouldn't it?"

"I don't talk to anybody there so there's going to be no one to introduce you to and plus it's my ex girlfriends house, you of all people said that was weird"

"I did but you told me I'd be ok remember? And plus I don't need to be introduced, you know me that's all that matters" she goes quiet for a second "ok I'm ready wanna see?"

I sit up on her bed "yeah come out"

She slowly walks out of her closet and as soon as I see her a smile grows on my face "you like it?" She asks walking to the mirror "I don't wear dresses often but I thought why the hell not"

Standing up from her bed I walk towards her standing in front of the mirror, I stand behind her admiring how good she looks "you look amazing"

She blushes "shut up no I don't"

"Yes you do!"

She turns to me wrapping her arms around my neck "thank you" and kissing me.

I drive up to the gates of Summer's house and I hear Jessie gasp next to me "this is your ex's house?!" I nod yes "it's beautiful! So big!"

"Wait till you see inside." We park and get out of the car, I start to walk but notice Jessie is still standing "what's up?"

"I don't think I belong here"

Walking back to her "what do you mean?"

"Come on Mitch look at this house! You've been to my house I definitely do not belong in there"

"Jessie you can't think like that, I'm right here no one in there will say anything to you. You went to Shana's house in Calabasas, why didn't you freak out then?"

"Trust me I did, you just weren't there to see it"

Taking her hand "you'll be fine Jessie, I promise." Walking into Summer's house everyone's already here partying, drinking, and whatever "want a drink?" I ask Jessie and she nods "I'll be right back"

Getting her to let go of her grip on me I walk to Summer's kitchen and start mixing some drinks "who's the girl?" I hear Summer next to me

"Jessie"

"She your girlfriend?"

"Are you jealous?"

She laughs "oh come on Mitch have you seen me?" She twirls

I smile "you look beautiful"

"You're so sweet" she kisses me on the cheek "anyways gotta go enjoy my party, congrats on your downgrade"

"Be nice!" I yell after her as she walks away.

•—•

We've been here a few hours now, after a couple of drinks Jessie loosened up enough to go dance and talk to other people, me on the other hand I stick to the back and just watch her. A few times as she was dancing she'd turn to me and wink making sure I can see her. She's so sexy when she's dancing, the way she's able to move, and come out of her shell is really doing it for me. "Come here" Jessie runs up to me from the dance floor taking my hand

Pulling me upstairs she starts to open doors until she pulls me into one shutting the door and she starts to kiss me. We're kissing and I open my eyes long enough to realize where we're standing "this is Summer's room" I try to pull away