Four

A good drive was all I needed to clear my head. I head back home and as I'm pulling into my street I spot Summer's bright red Mercedes in front of my house "fuck" I yell in my car as I park.

Walking into my house Liv runs up to me whispering "Abort! Abort!"

"What?" I ask as she yanks me into the kitchen

"She's in your room! And she's pissed!"

"Why'd you let her in then?"

"Have you met your girlfriend? She's been here for hours!"

"I'll take care of it" walking upstairs I open my bedroom door to find her sitting at my desk going through my stuff "Summer what are you doing?"

"Looking for evidence"

"Evidence of what?"

"Evidence that you're cheating on me! I mean that's the only reason a boyfriend would lie to their girlfriend about where they'd be right? So tell me Mitch, who's the bitch?"

"I'm not cheating on you Summer" I shut my bedroom door and take off my jacket tossing it on the floor.

"Obviously a lie"

"Why would I cheat on you?"

"Why would you cheat on me? I mean have you looked at me? This doesn't get cheated on" she points to her body

"Summer did you come here just to accuse me for shit I didn't do?"

"No I came here to make up about our fight earlier, but I don't want to make up since you not only ditched me you lied just to ditch me. What's your problem Mitch?" YOU'RE MY PROBLEM! "This relationship feels very one sided and I'm tired of my efforts being taken for granted" she yaps as I change to head to the gym "do you even care about us anymore Mitch? Aren't I important" she's still going "YOU'RE NOT EVEN LISTENING!" She yells

"Summer! I'm not fighting with you alright? I'm going to the gym" I head to my door

But she blocks it "not until you explain to me what's going on with you, something's the matter and you won't even talk to me"

"Nothing's wrong I just don't want to fight"

"Then we won't fight, but you have to talk to me"

Taking in a deep breath I move towards her "I'm sorry I lied I just needed some time alone, if you want to go to the mall tomorrow we can skip school and spend the whole day at the mall. Whatever you want"

She smiles "well I want you" she wraps her arms around my neck "I hate not being able to kiss you when I'm mad at you" she moves her head in and starts to kiss me, I kiss her back. Pulling us from the door she sits me on the bed and straddles my lap.

•—•

Walking Summer out to her car "call me ok?"

"Yeah" I reply and she kisses me then leaves. I'm so fucked.

Walking back into my house I go to my room and lock the door, falling on my bed I lay on my back staring at the ceiling contemplating my options. It's never been this hard to break up with someone before, I knew what I was getting myself into and now I don't know how to get out.

I try to fall asleep but I can't, it's late and everyone else is asleep but I'm wide awake. Grabbing my phone I text Jax 'hey' maybe he's awake

Few minutes later 'hey back'

'Are you busy right now?'

'Nope just in bed can't really sleep'

'Same... Would you want to go for a drive?'