“True.” She shrugged and while she was showering I went and got my things ready too.

-

John had already left, texting us that he would meet us there and so we caught our own taxi. Once there, it was nice to meet some of the staff I’d spent hours interviewing via video calls a couple of weeks ago and this time, everyone knew who we were so we didn’t have to wait for John to get us our passes. The stadium didn’t open for another two hours and we found Beau on the stage with a stagehand going over a few things. The schedule left no room for delays, there were over twenty acts to get through and the genre present varied from DJ’s, punk bands, pop artists and the indie groups. While Grayson had declared they were the headline-opening act, it was impossible to say they were the headliners. Everyone who was anyone in the music industry had been fighting for a spot on stage, Pot Luck were just the ones to get put first on the program.

Seeing us hovering in the wings, Beau waved us over and just walking out to the middle had me feeling faint. How did he perform in front of thousands of people? I felt so tiny looking out over the empty lawn, a few staff ran around perfecting the barrier between the fans and stage, some others were checking the podiums that extended off the birdcage stage and the decorators had done a great job in setting up a forest for the crowd to be surrounded by. It was unreal and I don’t think there could ever be an event to top it.

“Hey Angel,” Beau hugged me and kept his arm around my waist so I was forced to stay beside him. “Nice shirt. Hey Jess.”

“Thanks, it’s signed by the lead singer.” I gloated, grinning like the fan I had become.

“Speaking of signing.” Jess got out her marker and held it out to Beau. She decided to wear her own Taking Back Monday shirt after seeing me put Beau's on, and turned so he could sign the back of it for her. “You three, over here!”

The guys all appeared looking a little hung over and did as Jess told them. Sticks had a red bull in his hand and I wasn’t sure if that was a good idea considering how hyperactive he could be at times. That said, they signed away and moved onto me as well, more for amusement reasons.

“We have to go do some meet and greets at nine for some radio competition winners, did you want to come?” Beau asked as Seth started to draw stick figures doing it on Jess’s back.

“I have a couple of things I need to do, but I’ll come over as soon as I’m done.” I promised. Our kiss was cut short as everyone started whistling and clapping and blushing I let him go. Jess and I hung around by the stage for a few more minutes as some of the other acts came out to check their equipment and stage plans.

“Can you believe you’re backstage with all these people? It’s like the freaking MTV music awards back here but minus the bands we don’t like!” Jess ignored the look one of back up dancers gave her as they overheard our conversation and leaving the stage we headed down the other end of the stadium where I knew Sparky had been set up as it was a given that John would be there too.

“John Phillip Adams stop right there!” I yelled out as he jumped down from the platform when he saw us coming.

“Busted!” Jess yelled after, and from above us I could hear Sparky laughing.

“Because I know you’re the best sister ever, I know you’ve forgiven us for not telling you, but….” John started, and I went to slap him. He blocked it and so I hit his arm and we started to try and slap at each other, fighting like children until I saw an opening and got him hard on the cheek.