Chapter 18

"HELLO?" A GIRL answers the phone.

"Hi," I say, happy to hear a hint of hope in her voice. This is the girl.

"Who is this?"

"Um, I'm Kay, and it seems I've found your dog, Coin," I state. She immediately makes a rattle, sounding like she's getting out of bed. I hope I didn't wake her. It's ten A.M.

"Coin?! You found him?!" She says so happily that it makes me smile.

"Yes," I say with a smile in my voice. She shrieks and talks to someone else with her.

"Someone found Coin." She says quietly, the phone probably covered. A noise of rattling again takes over the phone and a husky voice talks to me.

"Where are you?" A guy asks, who Im guessing she knows. I hope.

"Um, Motel 6," I say, reading the sign on the dresser. Then I look to Coin, who is listening to the whole conversation. 

"Great, we'll be there." 

I'm about to say I can drop Coin of myself, but he already hung up.

I look at Coin and grin.

"Well Coin you're going home." And I swear the dog smiles.

~<><><>~

Ten minutes later a Range Rover pulls up, and I wonder why the people live in this crappy town. An African American girl hops out of the car, and runs over to me. I smile.

"Are you the one with Coin?"

I nod, and she grins a grin that could make anyone smile. A tall guy, the same color as her, gets out and jogs over to us. The girls hair is messy and has tight curls, while his is shaved to his head. They are such an adorable couple. Well, I think, because they both have marriage bands on their fingers. I think they are probably twenty two. Aw, young marriage. 

"This motel doesn't allow pets." The guy states. The girl glares at him.

"Jared, be nice."

"Oh, I'm sorry." He says, but I see a twinkle in his eyes, making me know he isn't. 

"Um, follow me." I say, leading them behind me. I knock on my window and Noah opens it up, shirtless. I try not to gawk at how he lifts the dog up and over, along with his body, and they land on the ground in front of me. I have to look away from his back when it shifts as he bends down. Oh, my G-

"COIN!" I get my thoughts cut off. The dog immediately looks up from the ground, and looks at the girl who is running over, bursting with joy. 

The dog runs up to them, and knocks the girl over licking her face madly. Jared comes over and grins, first I've seen, and hugs both of them.

When they are done the girl runs over and hugs me. 

"Thank you so much!" She mumbles into my hair. I pat her back and she connects a red leash to Coin's collar and walks him to the car. Jared stays after and looks at me and Noah.

"Thanks for breaking the rules for him. Her and that dog have been through a lot together. You have my wishes." I grin at him as he runs around the building and kisses the girl on her cheek as they pull away.

"I'M SO HAPPY!" I shout at the top of my lungs as they leave. Noah ducks, surprised and glares at me.

"Jesus, you scared the crap out of me." I just smile devilishly. 

"Is little ol' Noah getting to be a baby." He smirks then tackles me to the ground. I roll around with him and finally end up on top of him. 

"Gotcha!" I shout, and fist pump the air. He smirks.