Chapter 13

AFTER A WEEK of ignoring Noah, it is finally time for my date with Charley. 

Last Friday was the last day of school, and now its spring break. So mom decided to let Derek Cara and I go to Cedar Point alone, without her. So we are, and we are staying there for one day, driving to and from. And if all goes well with Charley, he's coming too.

I can't wait.

I end up in a small black dress and some black converse because I don't feel like heels and I don't think Charley is that type of guy. I pull off a little smoky eye and pull my hair into a messy but stylish bun. A horn beeps outside.

I smile to myself and rush downstairs tripping on the last one, but catch myself.

"Mom, I'll be back!" I shout and open the door looking over my shoulder to yell at her. I walk through the door and bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry. . ." I look up to see Noah standing there, with his hands in his pockets. "What?" I ask, bored from not going with Charley and angry with his presence.

"I was wondering if you could talk."

"No, I can't. I'm going on a date." I say gesturing to myself. His eyes run down my body and I get shivers.

"We will talk later." He says and walks off. I frown at him but then skip over to Charley in his car and get in.

"Hey!" I say and buckle my seat belt.

"Hey. Was that Noah?"

I look over to see Noah walking down the street and nod.

"Yeah, he wants to talk. But I don't have time for that." He nods and pulls out of my driveway.

~<><><>~

I love how Charley isn't to gentlmen-ish. He doesn't come to my door with flowers or chocolates. He beeps the horn and gives me a smile. I think that's why we hit it off so bad.

After the date at a fancy restaurant didn't work because our reservation got mixed up, we went to the arcade. It was so much fun, and Charley won me a stuffed bear with all the tickets, and the bear was cute/creepy. But I love it.

Now we are driving home and listening to music. I hum along in my head and watch the road appear with the headlights of the car. I love driving at night. The mysterious feeling you get when you pass a cemetery or go over a little hill that makes you lose your stomach. My favorite is when there is a tiny fog covering the ground and cars come out from it on the other side. It's so cool. Even though it's dangerous, I still love it.

Charley soon comes to my house and I turn to him to ask him about Cedar Point.

"Wanna come with me to Cedar Point? Derek, Cara and I are going and I want you to come." He thinks about it and nods.

"When are we going?"

"Around ten tomorrow. We are going to stay there for a day."

"I'm in." 

"Yes!" 

We say goodbye and I walk to my front door and lean against it. It's only when he pulls away I remember about the first date kiss. Next time...I guess.

"How was it?" Mom asks appearing in front of me.

"Wonderful. He's going with us tomorrow." I say and look around. "Where Derek?" She sighs and lets out a breath.

"He's doing his thing called 'catching 'em'." I nod in understanding, knowing that every once in a while he needs to get laid, and tonight was probably perfect.