Everyday life. 48

Two years later

Mason walked through the school halls with his bag over his shoulder and his dark brown hair swept back into a quiff. He wore a bored expression as his friend, Josh talked about some party going on that evening. Mason glanced around the crowded hallway as people watched them walk by. Mason had climbed the social ladder pretty quickly. He was now captain of the schools football team as well as musically talented - which was now known. He was also very good looking, nice and charming. Girls swooned over him.

Him and Josh walked into the lunch hall and sat at their usual table. The biggest table, he was in his senior year therefore the very top of the food chain.

"Mase" a few of the boys, fellow football team and jocks, greeted. Mason nodded at them and replied before sitting on the table and dangling his legs as he sat next to Josh and Zac. They were his closest friends from this group.

"You're coming tonight right?" Zac asked nudging Mason a little. Mason looked at him before shrugging.

"Have to see" Mason said as Natalia walked over to him. He smiled at her as she got to him and stood in between his legs.

"Hey Nat" Josh smiled making Natalia look at him.

"Hi" Natalia replied before she looked up at Mason. They'd been together for a year and ten months. Which was a long time for people their age. "You okay?" Natalia asked looking up at Mason. Mason blinked at her snapping him self back into reality. He was just so tired.

"what? Yeah" Mason said before taking a fry that Natalia had in her hands. Natalia narrowed her eyes at him before shrugging a little. She knew when something was up but she figured he was just tired.

"Are you going to that party tonight?" Natalia asked before eating a fry from her bag. Mason looked down at her and played with the ends of her hair.

"I don't know" Mason said quietly "Are you going?"

"I'm not sure" Natalia said "Not that bothered"

Mason nodded in agreement before taking another fry. Natalia glared at him a little as she watched him eat it.

"You can come to mine tonight" Mason said after finishing his fry. Natalia looked up at him trough her long lashes and nodded.

"Good I wanna see your mum" Natalia replied making Mason frown a little. "And your dog"
Mason couldn't help but smile at her before pecking her lips. Natalia pushed him away. "I'm eating go away"

**

Emily was tidying the empty house. All the kids had gone to school. The twins included, being four they had started their education. Olivia had started college in New York, where she lived with Jayden. Leaving the house empty other than Max.

Emily recovered quickly and well from her coma. It wasn't too shocking for the doctors as she wasn't in one for that long. It just felt like it forever. It took her a while to get back in the car but now she was recovered and doing just fine.

Emily walked around the play room picking up the toys scattered across the floor and placing them back into the toy box. She sighed a little and ran her fingers through her newly cut long bob which was also a dark honey blonde rather than her dark brown.

She heard the front door bell ring making her drop the last of the toys into the box before walking down the hall to the large wooden front door. She opened it to see Tommy standing there with his daughter, Rachel on his hip.
"Hey!" Emily smiled as Tommy walked into the house.
"Hi" Tommy replied as he wiped his shoes in the mat before walking along to the living room. Tommy sat on the sofa and Emily sat next to him taking Rachel off him and sitting her on her lap.
"What's up?" Emily asked looking at her brother. Tommy sighed and looked over at Emily before shrugging.
"I don't know just eh" Tommy replied making Emily nod a little understandingly. "Do you ever think about moving back to Australia?"
Emily played with Rachel's light brown hair as the two year old giggled at her.
"Not really" Emily frowned slightly "I mean one day yeah but not for a while. Why?"
"I kind of wanna move back but I don't know Cat isn't from there" Tommy rambled making Emily nod at him because she wasn't going to say anything.
"Move back if and when it feels right" Emily shrugged before tickling Rachel's sides making the two year old giggle like crazy.
"Also you're my only family so that would suck" Tommy added making Emily give him a small smile. It was true - Emily was Tommy's only family beyond his children even though they had four siblings below them, they weren't really in contact with them. They last time they saw them was at their Nan's funeral. Of course they tried to, and message everything now and then. But everyone had their own lives now and it was just something slipping away into the past.