Un,deux...trois. 13

"On the next contraction push" the doctor instructed and glanced up at Emily's sweaty and red face. Emily just nodded and gritted her teeth as the next contraction hit her. She pushed down to her bum for a few seconds before she relaxed. "You're doing good" the doctor encouraged "I want you hold the next one longer though okay?"
Calum stood next to Emily and held her hand - well she gripped tightly into his hand and he just doubt with it. Emily had gone into labour at 10 am and it was now approaching 1. She wasn't actually doing too badly. Calum knew from past experiences that the baby was nearly out. That would mean three children. Three more little Hoods. Calum was happy, of course he'd never change his children for the world. He never expected to enjoy being a dad so much considering it was one of the things that terrified him the most as he grew older. He didn't expect to have three children, even though he always said is he were to have children he wanted three. He just didn't think it would actually happen. But part of Calum was terrified still. Because it was another life in his hands for eighteen years. He was scared that when he starts traveling for your again he's going to start missing things and regretting not being there. He didn't want to turn into a dad who was there but wasn't there enough. But he loved his job and his job was part of him that no one could ever understand. He also knew that having children did put that little more stress on his marriage because him and Emily didn't always agree on things and they had to make decision together which was likely to end in arguing. But he'd rather argue with Emily for the rest of his life than never argue with anyone else.
"That it keep pushing" the doctor said "the head is almost out.. That's it yes"
Emily took a deep breath before pushing one last time in order to get the baby out. It took a few seconds before the baby let out small cried.
"Well done" the midwife smiled at Emily as the doctor cut the umbilical cord.
"Congratulations it's a boy" the doctor said handing Emily the baby for a few moments before taking him off for checks. Emily lazily took him in her arms for skin to skin contact. His eyes were closed as he snuggled into Emily's chest. Emily was still in a slightly daze from the giving birth because it takes so much out of you. The baby was taken from Emily to get weighed and tested for anything. Just a health check.
Emily looked over at Calum and smiled at him.
"Can we please name him Robin?" Emily said making Calum chuckle and shake his head. "Why not?" Emily whined
"I'm not calling my child Robin Hood" Calum said sitting down in his chair next to the bed.
"But it's such a waste of a surname" Emily said smiling at Calum. "Please"
"I don't like the name Robin" Calum said "just think how much shit he'd get if he was called Robin Hood"
"I think it's cool" Emily stated
"He would think we hate him" Calum said making Emily chuckle a little.
"I told you that if I was pregnant with your kid I'd call it a Robin" Emily reminded Calum making him roll his eyes at her.

"Calum" Emily said starring at him "Cal" she nudged him "Hood don't ignore me" Emily sighed before crawling between Calum's arms, which were in a hoop because of how he was holding his phone. "Calluuuum" Emily said pushing his nose up into a pig nose. Calum managed to keep a poker face the entire time. "Calum" Emily said poking his cheek. Emily squished his cheek with her hand and pecked his lips with hers. Calum kept his eyes fixed on his screen. "Why are you ignoring me?" Emily asked but got no reply. Emily groaned and rested her head on his chest thinking of a way to get his attention. Emily played with the hem of Calum's shirt as she laid there in silence. Calum glanced down at her and smiled before going back to his phone. "Calum" Emily said quietly looking up at him. "I need to talk to you about something" Emily said in a serious tone "Calum I'm serious" Calum nodded but stayed looking at his phone "I think I might be pregnant" Emily said slowly making Calum's eyes widen and look down at her.

"What?" Calum asked in a serious and worried voice.

"Do you really want me to repeat it?" Emily asked not looking at him.