Olivia - baby steps. 2.

"No Livvy don't touch that" Calum sighed as he pulled the cable that Olivia had picked up from the floor of his studio. He had been left in charge of her for the whole day as Emily had business meetings out of town. Livvy let out a whine as Calum took the cable from her. "No don't do that" Calum said as Olivia pouted up at him with her big brown eyes. "You can't pick up cables Livvy you could get hurt"
"She's really cute" A female voice said from behind Calum. Calum looked over his shoulder towards the voice.
"Urm thanks" Calum said frowning at the girl because he had no idea who she was or how she got into his house. "Can I help you?"
"Oh Ashton told me to come straight up" The girl said "I'm with the midnight band"
"Oh right" Calum said nodding a little. "Well what's your name?"
"Leigh" the girl replied. She was slim and had a bobbed hair cut. She was petite all over actually. Her skin was pale and clear with a few freckles across her nose. "What's her name?"
"Olivia" Calum answered looking down at Olivia who had picked up another cable and placed it between her mouth. "Liv" Calum said chuckling a little. He took the cable out of her mouth before picking her up off the floor. She was teething so everything was going in to her mouth.
"How old is she?" Leigh asked sitting down on one of the stools in the studio.
"9 months" Calum answered as he shock one of Olivia's toys in front of her in order to grab her attention.
"Hey man" Ashton said walking into the studio followed by two other girls.
"Hey" Calum greeted as Ashton walked over an sat down next to him.
"Hi Livvy" Ashton said in a baby like tone making Calum chuckle a little. "She looks cute today did you dress her?"
"Hey she always looks cute!" Calum protested making Ashton nod in a agreement.
"I meant her clothes"
"Yeah I did dress her" Calum said proudly as he stood Olivia up on his knees and held onto her arms. Ashton giggled as she dribbled on to Calum's jeans.
"Anyway" Calum said sitting Olivia on his lap. She settled in his arms as she played and picked at her favourite toy - ducky.
"So this is Kerry and Quinn" Ashton said pointing to the two girls he walked in with. "They are a pop punk band"
"Well we aspire to be a punk pop band" the girl with jet black hair corrected Ashton. That was Kerry. The lead singer. "And we would like you two to help us"
"I mean we can try" Calum shrugged "sometimes people aren't cut out for it. Are you more pop or punk?"
"Pop" Kerry answered "but we wanna be more punk"
"Fair enough" Calum nodded "so what have you got for us?"
"Not much but a two tracks of our own but we could do covers" Quinn answered. She was the tallest and wore black jeans with a black top. Her hair was long and blonde. She was also slim.

**
"Her cheeks are so chubby" Leigh stated as she rubbed a finger over Olivia's cheeks. Calum glanced at her and chuckled a little.
"Yeah she inherited the Hood's cheeks" Calum commented as he fiddled around with a microphone stand.
"Can I pick her up?" Leigh asked making Calum look at her. Her bright blue eyes looked at him before he nodded at her.
"Go ahead" Calum gestured. Leigh picked up Olivia from the sofa in the studio. Olivia whined at that disturbance.
"She has your eyes as well" Leigh said quietly. "Actually she just looks like you"
"I think she'll end up looking like her mum" Calum said shrugging a little "she doesn't have the nose and nose is a big feature"
Leigh smiled a little at Calum before she looked down at Olivia. Olivia wriggled in the strangers grip and let out a small cry. Calum's head whipped around at the sound to see his daughter looking distressed. Calum stood up and took Olivia from Leigh who stood awkwardly looking at Calum and Olivia.
"I'm gonna go out her down for a nap. You should go outside and get fresh air" Calum said before he left the studio and walked down the stairs. It was already 4:30 pm. Olivia was supposed to nap at 3 pm everyday so she was late. Calum got her settled into her cot within no time and ran his fingers through his hair a little before he drew the curtains and left the room.

**
When Emily got home Calum was cooking the dinner while Olivia sat in her highchair.
"Hey" Emily said slipping off her heels. Calum looked over his shoulder at her voice taking in how tired she looked.
"Hey" Calum replied as Emily walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist as he stirred pasta into sauce.
"All we eat is carbs man we're gonna get fat" Emily mumbled as she pressed her cheek against Calum's side. "You'll get more of a tummy" Emily said rubbing her hand up and down Calum's stomach.
"I don't have a belly" Calum mumbled making Emily chuckle a little. Olivia hit her hand against the table of her high chair making Emily turn around to look over at her. Olivia was looking at Emily with a grin.
"What are you smiling at?" Emily said laughing a little as she walked towards Olivia and picked her out of the high chair. "Do you agree that daddy has a belly?"
"I feel so outnumbered" Calum poured as she dished up the pasta into bowls. Emily chuckled a little before carrying Olivia into the living room and sitting her in the playpen.
Calum came into the living room carrying two bowls of pasta. Emily took one from him and sat at the sofa. Once Calum had sat down Emily stretched her legs over him.
"Hmm that is so good" Emily commented as she ate a piece of Pasta. Calum just shrugged, agreeing to a degree. "What did you put in this? This is amazing"
"It's literally just basil and this sauce" Calum said frowning at her a little because it wasn't that big of deal. Calum had made better food before this was quick and easy.
"This is like orgasmic" Emily said licking her lips a little.
"What do you mean like orgasmic?" Calum asking shaking his head a little.
"Well I've never had an orgasm so I wouldn't know" Emily shrugged looking over at Calum as he paused to look at her.
"What did you just say?" Calum asked making Emily smirk at him.
"Do you really want me to repeat it?" Emily questioned making Calum throw a piece of pasta at her. "Calum!"
"Take it back" Calum said making Emily laugh at him.
"I was joking!" Emily protested as she chucked the piece of pasta back at him.
"Whatever" Calum mumbled making Emily giggle at him.
"Did I hurt your feelings?" Emily pouted at him. Calum ignored her making Emily roll her eyes. Emily placed her bowl on the coffee table before she climb over to Calum and sat o to him. "Don't ignore me" Calum just looked at her before he stood up and took their empty bowls into the kitchen. Olivia watched him as he walked out of the room. She whined a little before pushing herself up from the floor.
"Oh my god Calum!" Emily screamed looking at Olivia as she wobbled a little unsteady. "Cal I'm serious she's gonna walk!"
Calum shoved the bowls onto the side before running back into the living room. He opened the playpen and knelt about a metre away from her. Olivia frowned at him a little before she stepped forward her legs very unsteady. Calum opened his arms to guide her. Emily was now kneeling beside Calum.
"C'mon Livvy" Calum encouraged as she glanced between him and Emily. She took another wobbly step then another before she stumbled into Calum's arm. "Aye well done" Calum said picking her up onto his knees. Emily chuckled a little as Olivia giggled and clapped her hands.
"She should go to bed" Emily whispered brushing the dark hair that Olivia had a little before tapping her cheek.
Calum nodded and stood up to carried Olivia upstairs.
"Do you wanna go to the park tomorrow?" Calum asked as he climb the stairs. Olivia just grabbed onto his t-shirt collar and rested her head on Calum's shoulder. "We can take Buzz. Yeah? Would you like that?"
Emily prepared a bottle down stairs before she carried it up into Olivia's nursery where Calum was changing her into her pyjamas. Emily drew the curtains and waited for Calum to finish changing her.
Olivia yawned as Emily sat in the rocking chair and placed the bottle into her mouth.
Calum walked out of the room to put her clothes in for washing before he walked back into the nursery. He looked over at them before smiling because he got to this point in his life where he was happy. Actually happy. He had a wife and a child and he couldn't ask for more.

**
Emily and Calum sat on the sofa with a glass of wine. Emily's head was resting on Calum shoulder as his hand rested in her thigh. Calum flicked through the TV channels.
"I can't believe she took her first steps" Emily whispered making Calum smile a little.
"I know" Calum said looking down at Emily. "She's growing up"
"Don't say that" Emily mumbled pouting a little.
"Do you think we should move back to Australia?" Calum asked making Emily look at him with a frown.
"No why?" Emily asked making Calum move a little to look at her.
"Because our kids will grow up without like a wider family" Calum stated "it's just us no grandparents"
"Firstly Kids" Emily stated "we have one kid"
Calum just rolled his eyes at her.
"Not my point" Calum said "I mean we can't move but don't you ever think we should?"
"I see you're point" Emily nodded "but I don't really see it as an option"
"Hmm" Calum said placing his wine glass on the floor and leaning back into the sofa. "What do you wanna watch?"
Emily sighed and shrugged before placing her wine glass on the coffee table before snuggling back into Calum's side.
"I don't mind" Emily answered quietly as Calum scrolled down the Channel menu. Emily felt him run his fingers through her hair lightly.

_________________________
So idk what I think about this chapter I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it but I wanted to update so eh.
I might end up re writing it a little.
But let me know what you think/ideas.
I'm gonna be moving in the story a little because I have a better story line for teenage years because there's only so much I can work with children - mainly because I have no knowledge on children you should see my internet history it's like 'what age do babies start to ..'
Anyway yeaah if you wanna get in contact with me I have a snapchat mukebums
If you're interested in being in a iMessage group then message me your iMessage details and I'll see what I can do!
Thanks for reading I love you!