Chapter Eleven; All Too Well

Louis's poem was heartbreaking, to say the least. Every single word tugged at my heart. It was as if everything I feared about coming out of the closet had been written and handed to me. It was proof that my fear was real. I couldn't help but feel guilty about the way I treated him, especially after I noticed that he has the exact same eyes as my dream boy.

I didn't know how to start his story. I couldn't even begin to imagine the things that he has gone through just because he's gay and I didn't want to think about it. I knew I couldn't keep my sexuality a secret forever, but I never thought about coming out. I never thought about what would happen to me.

I snuck a glance at Louis, who seemed to be staring at my paper lost in thought. I need a way to talk to him without being caught.

Dear Louis,

Meet me in the janitor's closet next to room 213 during first period tomorrow. I need to talk to you.

I raised my hand to ask Mr. Heinze if I could go to the bathroom. As soon as the hall pass was given to me, I took off towards Louis's locker. This had to work.

Maybe one day you'll look back

And see the shadow I'm stuck to be.

Unfortunately, I saw it all too well.