It Only Takes Once (Chapter 22)

"Shak, you need to go home baby." Shakayla said coming into Khadarious's hospital room. She had on her hospital scrubs and clip board in hand.

"Nah I'm good." I said curling up on the couch with my laptop and some statements from a case I had been working on.

"Shakayln, please go home, I'm begging you. This isn't healthy." She said coming and sitting by me on the couch.

"Well duh it's not healthy, I'm in a hospital room." I said laughing.

"Ha ha, Shak I'm serious." She said facing me with a serious expression on her face.

"And so am I, I'm not going anywhere. You of all people should know that." I said simply.

"I will have security come and remove you." She said seriously.

"And I'll sue you and that fat ass security guard." I said rolling my eyes before logging into my laptop.

"Fine Shakayln, do what you want." She said sighing before standing up from the couch and going to Khadarious's bedside to check his vitals and breathing pattern.

"Thank you for checking up on me sissy, but I'm fine." I said standing up to hug her.

"I just want to make sure you and my niece and nephew are taken care of." She said putting her hand on my expanded belly.

"I'm taking care of myself Kayla, I promise." I said kissing her cheek.

"You better, you know Khadarious would kill you if something happened to you or his kids." She said laughing.

"Don't I know it." I said before glancing over at him.

It had been three months since Khadarious went into a coma. He started having frequent seizures so Dr. Franklin thought it would be best for his health to put him into a medically induced coma to help his body heal properly.

He was supposed to only be in that coma for two weeks, but he still hasn't woken up and it's been two months and ten fucking days.

I'm due to give birth to the twins in three weeks, and Khadarious ass better be up and holding my damn hand the whole time during the delivery or else.

Everything is set for the twins birth thanks to Devin and Byron, they built the cribs, installed car seats, put together changing tables, strollers, and basinets and baby proofed the whole entire house.

Jayde, Victoria, Kamile, and my sisters painted and decorated the kids rooms as well as threw me a baby shower.

I'm anxiously awaiting the twins arrival, but every kick and back pain is bittersweet because I can't experience it with my husband.

"Alright baby sister, I have to go finish my rounds but I'll be back to tuck you in, in about an hour." She said checking her watch

"Have fun." I said as she walked out of the door.

True to her word, an hour later she was back fluffing pillows and creasing the sheets.

I did my usual routine before going to sleep; I brushed my teeth, took a shower, rubbed my body down with Cocoa Butter and put on a pair of pajamas before crawling into Khadarious's hospital bed. I said my prayers and then I was out.

Cause I put it down like that, down like that
And I'm making all these racks, all these racks
And I'm moving round like that, round like that
When I do it I don't look back, d-dont look back

I woke up to Beyoncé blaring in my ear. I groaned before hitting the snooze button, it felt like seconds later she was singing in my ear again. I turned my alarm off before climbing out of that uncomfortable ass hospital bed.