Chapter 7- To BE or NOT to be

Start from the beginning

"This heffa just hung up on me..." She said.

I started laughing and then my phone began to ring. It was Nyla.

"Wad up"

"Ya girl is stubborn. I can't speak to her! Whats the name of the clinic yall going to?"

"Buckhead Clinic"

"Ok see yall there and knock some sense into her...Bye"

"iight" I said laughing. Nyla ended the conversation before i did. That girl is something else.

"Cordell!!!!" nishelle uttered.

"What! they wanna support you! Babe don't be like that."

She went into her little huffs and walked into the bathroom. I aint care. Nishelle is a person where she gotta believe it to see it type of person. She's so stubborn sometimes but i love her stubbornness. Joint kinda is a turn on.

I followed her into the bathroom where she was fixing her hair.

"Whats really wrong cause i know it has nothing to do with ya girls coming." I stated.

"This is rough. This is suppose to be one of the happiest years of high school and i'm dealing with real world sh*t already."

"In life we go through many things. Real world life has no age love. You can be dealt a bad hand from the day you were born. But realize what this situation brought you. You found me in a damn library! You got kicked out, but gained a whole new home and family who will kill for you already. You gotta see you gonna get through Ni and your not alone! Count the blessing you have. Yeah you miss your sister and stuff but let life work it out better yet God."

She went to crying again. I went to embrace her. It was paining me to see her like this.

"I got you ma."

We headed into the Clinic. Nyla, Brienne, and Jamyis was five minutes away. We signed in and sat and waited. Nishelle was handed a clipboard to fill out the basics. Thats when her mother walked in. She seemed elsewhere and distant. She cordially walked over to us and spoke to Nishelle not even acknowledging my presence. Damn she rude.

"Hey. Who do i speak to? To confirm?" She asked her.

"You need to sign your signature at the bottom of this paper under parental consent and you have to show your identification to them. Nishelle got up and walked up to the window with her and they handled that part of the process.

Jamyis, Brienne, and Nyla came walking in. They came and sat over by me.

"Ms. Mona showed up!?" Brienne asked me.

"Yeah. she rude as hell though. She aint acknowledge me or nothing."

"Thats Ms. Mona for you" Jamyis said shaking her head.

I saw Mona leave after not even saying goodbye to us and Nishelle walking back over to us.

"Hey yall." Nishelle hugged them then sitting down.

"Wassup with your mother? she still actin stank? I see she aint even come near us to say hi or nothing." Nyla said.

"Im not worried about her right now. It's evident she still hasn't forgiven me among other issues". Nishelle said sitting back leaning her head back against the wall. She sat there silent the rest of the wait. We tried to lighten the situation but shell was in another world. At this rate all we could do was just be there for her and support her.