About an hour later she came walking into my door smelling of the cigarettes I hated so much. "Hey Viv." She gave me a kiss.

"Hey, come here, let's sit down J." I brought her to the couch and sat down next to her.

She grabbed my hand tightly before looking into my eyes, "I just need to tell you something, I just need to get this off my chest before we say anything else. I love you so much Vivian, I really do. I have made a few mistakes. I'm trying to work on the coke and the job and everything else that's fucked up in my life right now. But please, don't leave me now, I need you more than ever right now. You're my rock and I really need you to be there for me."

I really was just about to break up with her, but she needed me. What if I wasn't there for her? What would happen to her? I took in a deep breath, "Ok," I said hesitantly, "But no more chances J. If I see you fucking up again, then that's it."

"Ok, I can work with that." She brought my hand up to her mouth and planted a kiss on the back of it.

We sat in silence for a brief moment before she exclaimed, "Hey, I bought you, well us a present."

I furrowed my brows wondering where she got the money to buy a present, but decided I should just focus on the gift giving instead of how she obtained it. "Oh yeah, what is it?"

"Hold on, it's in my car." She got giddy as she planted a wet kiss on my lips before leaving through the door to retrieve the present from her car.

When she came back, she hadn't wrapped the gift, but instead just tied the black grocery bag it came in at the top to keep it concealed.

"What is it?"

"Open it."

I took the bag from her and ripped through the plastic to find a Hitachi Magic Wand, a vibrator. As a couple, we usually didn't use toys or anything too much, but I'd been wanting one of these for a while.

"Let's try it out." She said.

I was sore from the night before with Prince so there was no way I even remotely wanted to get that thing near me.

"Um... I'm not really in the mood. You wanna go out for a drive instead?"

"Uh, ok, I guess." She sounded disappointed. "Oh, I forgot to ask you, can you lend me like $50.00? I need to pay my registration on my car."

I sighed, "Yeah, just remind me to give it to you later."

"Ok, thanks Viv."

We got into my car, our destination was no where in particular, instead we would drive through the countryside. That was what we used to do almost every weekend. We'd drive around, looking for roadside cafes, or little antique shops to browse through.

The car was silent for at least thirty minutes. I peeked over at her every once in a while to see her staring out of the window, probably looking at all the cows grazing on the grass as we passed. "So, what happened J? Why after six months?"

She sighed, "Honestly, I don't know. I was tired of holding back the cravings. I just wanted to feel the way I felt before, just once. Things just got out of control real fast."